Quick Question Regarding Shipping

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

So I have a store set up with RageOn (which ships product from Ohio, USA.) I live in Canada and my shipping provider is Canada Post. I was wondering if I would run into any problems with customs, if I should add a dropshipping service, or if any of this should be a concern at all?

I would like to be able to ship my products nearly worldwide for the most part.

I was using a different provider for my clothes out of California a little while ago and my USA customers did not recieve their products in nearly 30 days if at all. And I refunded them. (whether or not they social engineered me I do not know for certain.

I just want to be sure that this is all setup properly so that I don't run into more headache in the future.

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
733 24 240

Hey!

Aria here, one of the Social Care Gurus at Shopify. :)

I'm guessing you are using the RageOn Connect app to dropship for your Shopify store. You can find information on what they charge for shipping here

You won't need to use Canada Post when your supplier is shipping from the US on your behalf. I would make sure you have flat rates at checkout. If you have Canada Post rates set up, I would disable them as it will confuse your customers. This guide explains more about how to edit your shipping rates on Shopify. 

I don't see any information on the RageOn website regarding how they handle customs charges. Some suppliers sort them out in advance and in other cases, it is the responsibility of the customer at the other end. I would recommend you email RageOn at talent@rageon.com to ask them how they handle that. You can also ask them how long it typically takes to ship to different countries, which carriers they use, etc. 

I hope this helps. Good luck with your store!

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Aria, 

I had also contacted RageOn and believe that I have nothing to worry about. They ship directly to the customers as soon as an order is placed so I have adjusted my Order Processing to automatically fulfill orders. I have also adjusted my shipping prices.

I believe everything should be fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Would it be possible for you to disclose which carrier are you using to ship from Ohio to worldwide customers? As per your use case, Canada Post would definitely not ship from a US address. Are you using USPS by any chance?

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes