Random Bill Charge

Highlighted
1 0 0

I started a free 14 day trial on May 11, 2020. I cancelled the account before the trial ended and closed the store. 3 months later I just got a $31 charge for a subscription to my store. I have not been charged at all before then. Why am I getting charged 3 months after a free trial and after I already closed the store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1432 88 316

Hi, @Peaky

That sounds like a frustrating situation, but fear not; I'm here to help! From the sounds of it, the account was not fully closed after you started your trial period. What you will want to do is log in to your store. If you are greeted with a pricing page, then the store is closed; however, if you are able to log in, then the store is still active which would explain why the charge occurred. If you are able to gain access, then you will want to go to Settings/Plans and Permissions, then select "close store" at the bottom of the page. If you follow the prompts from there then you will fully close the store and remove it from active billing.

While our Terms of Service does state that we do not provide refunds, we can make exceptions on a case by case basis so long as the store is fully closed. To help get your refund request reviewed, I will need to verify your store via email. If you could please reply to the email I sent you with the requested information then we can get the ball rolling on your request. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes