Re: How to restrict shipping countries on certain items/collections?

Solved
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello - I'm also trying to see how I can set up my account so that certain products are only available for shipping to specific countries. It's not super clear to me how to do that. Can you help me please?

On another note, does Shopify have a staging environment where we can test settings before pushing them live?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 144

Hey, @Vhanya!

Happy to help clear up any confusion. Could you tell me what you have set up within Settings/Shipping already? Have you had a chance to review our help documents? I've added them below!

If you could provide screenshots of what you have set up and further details on the end goal, then we can work together to source a solution. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Thanks for the response.

All I want is to restrict shipping of certain products to a specific
location. The help documents are long and don't seem to directly give me an
answer. Do you mind letting me know how I can do that?

Also, is there a staging environment we can use to test things on before
pushing them live?
thanks
vhanya
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 144

@Vhanya 

To set up a shipping profile that allows you to restrict certain products to specific locations, you'll need to do the following: 

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping.
  2. In Shipping profiles, click Create new profile.
  3. Enter a name for the profile.
  4. In the Products section, use the search bar to add products to the shipping profile.
  5. Address any changes you need to make to your locations. Refer to Manage your locations for more information.
  6. For each shipping zone that you want in your shipping profile, complete the following steps:
    1. In Shipping to, click Create shipping zone.
    2. Name the shipping zone.
    3. Select the countries or regions that are part of the zone, and then click Done.
    4. For each shipping rate you want in the zone, click Add rate, choose the rate's details, and then click Done.
  7. Click Save.

We don't currently provide a staging environment; however, you can password protect your store by going to Online Store/Preferences so you can test the rates you've created. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you very much. Very helpful!
1 Like