Re: I cannot add my pre existing Stripe account to my store

Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Shopify,

Must the payout bank details i.e. name be the same with the EIN/SSN? Can someone use another account number that bears a different name from the SSN to setup shopify payments?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
849 46 147

Hey, @pystar!

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you wondering if you can use someone else's information for Shopify Payments (i.e. a business partner) that does not match the account owners' information? If you could clarify that for me, then I'd be happy to help point you in the right direction. 

You'll notice I moved your post onto its' thread. I've done this because your question was standalone and not a continuation of the original thread you posted on. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,

I mean I operate out of a fulfillment centre in the usa but I am not a citizen nor possess a SSN/EIN, how ever I posses a usa checking account. Can I use the EIN of the fulfillment center to use Shopify payments?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
849 46 147

@pystar 

You would need to use the EIN for your business or SSN to use Shopify Payments as it would not be possible to use another company's EIN. If you do not have an EIN or SSN, then it will require using a third-party payment provider. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes