Re: Orders Showing As Unfulfilled After Being Fulfilled

Kostas_A_
New Member
5 0 0

Similar issue today - 2 orders were packed, shipping lablels purchased and printed. The orders are still showing as unfulfilled. I was going to void the labels and repurchased the new ones, but there is only option to purchase the label again.

Please advise! Thank you!

0 Likes
Bugman
New Member
3 0 0

Yep, same issue here. Printed label and Shopify shows the order as Unfulfilled.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

@Kostas_A_ wrote:

Similar issue today - 2 orders were packed, shipping lablels purchased and printed. The orders are still showing as unfulfilled. I was going to void the labels and repurchased the new ones, but there is only option to purchase the label again.

Please advise! Thank you!


Hi, @Kostas_A_!

Since I'm unable to view your admin, please provide more detail about these orders so I can help you determine the next steps.

  • Were the orders fulfilled manually or automatically?
  • Is there a third-party app or fulfillment service involved?
  • Were any of the orders partially fulfilled, or are they all entirely fulfilled?
  • Does each order's Timeline show that the label purchase was successful? 

I know you mentioned that you were prompted to purchase the labels again, so it sounds like there might have been an issue with the label purchase. Any further details you can provide would be helpful. If you'd prefer to have someone from our team take a look at the admin with you, we're available 24/7 via live chat, email, or callback through the Shopify Help Center. Thank you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

@Bugman wrote:

Yep, same issue here. Printed label and Shopify shows the order as Unfulfilled.


Hi, @Bugman!

I won't be able to access your admin from this public space. Can you tell me a bit more about these orders? I'm wondering if there was an issue with the label purchases. Please take a look at each order's Timeline to see if you can determine whether the label purchase was successful. If you're still seeing the option to purchase a label on the order page, our team may need to take a closer look into this with you via live chat, email, or callback here.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Kostas_A_
New Member
5 0 0

Hello Sophia,

Both orders were fulfilled manually, by clicking on "create shipping label", entering the box dimensions and weight, and purchasing the label. After the labels were purchased and printed, both order still showed "create shipping label" option. 

The timelines under the order shows that the labels were purchased, and by using UPS tracking tool I can see that the orders are currently in transit or have been delivered already. So I "solved" this problem by manually "fulfilling" the order without providing the tracking number. I then archived the orders so they don't show up in the queue. 

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

@Kostas_A_ wrote:

Hello Sophia,

Both orders were fulfilled manually, by clicking on "create shipping label", entering the box dimensions and weight, and purchasing the label. After the labels were purchased and printed, both order still showed "create shipping label" option. 

The timelines under the order shows that the labels were purchased, and by using UPS tracking tool I can see that the orders are currently in transit or have been delivered already. So I "solved" this problem by manually "fulfilling" the order without providing the tracking number. I then archived the orders so they don't show up in the queue. 


Thank you for sharing these additional details. My apologies, as I was out of office and missed that our developers were investigating this issue on March 26. If this occurs again on any future orders, please let our support team know so we can flag any new cases with the developers who are now monitoring the issue. 

Manually marking orders as Fulfilled was the right thing to do in this case, provided you don't need to void any of the labels. Tracking information for these orders can also be updated manually by following the steps outlined in this document: Add a tracking number after you fulfill an order.

If any duplicate labels were purchased while troubleshooting, our Shipping team is happy to help you void those. We'll just need to move to live chat, email, or callback through the Shopify Help Center in order to securely review your account and put you in touch with the Shipping team.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes