Re: shipping fees

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0

Hi Sophia 

Hope you  are well 

Can I variate my shipping according to vendors or suppliers. With some suppliers I have included the cost of shipping which is a flat rate in the cost of the product , So I am basically offering free shipping . And with some suppliers I need to add the shipping cost at checkout due to the variance of the size of the items.

So firstly ho do I setup free shipping in admin ,  for certain suppliers ,And how do I add the cost of shipping at checkout . Can this be done in admin or do I need an app.

Thanks

SmartMallSA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 29 56

Hi, @smartmall.

I'm well, thank you. I hope you're doing well too!

Within the Shopify admin, you can create shipping rates for specific products (shipping profiles), and you can also create rates based on location (shipping zones). The option to create rates based on products might work for you in this case if you can group products based on vendor or supplier to create separate shipping rates using the shipping profiles feature.

Once you have created shipping zones and profiles, you can set up free shipping by heading to  Settings > Shipping and delivery in your admin and selecting "Manage rates" next to the shipping profile you need to add a free rate to. The documents linked here include the full step-by-step instructions along with tutorial videos to help you out, but please let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to discuss this further with you.

If for any reason the built-in features don't meet your needs at this time, there are third-party apps like Advanced Shipping Rules and Parcelify that offer further customization. Take a look at the settings in the admin first, and if there's anything that seems to be missing, we can walk through it together to see if you might need an app instead. Let me know how it goes!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes