Receiving country does not support the transaction currency - RON (romania)

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

sorry for my terrible english.

I am Italian and I live in Romania, I set up shopify with the RON, the Romanian currency. My Unicredit account supports RON and EURO.

I linked Paypal and when I make a payment it tells me "Receiving country does not support the transaction currency"
What's wrong?

Thank's to all.

Highlighted
1 0 1

We are having this same issue, and we have already enabled the "Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold" option in Paypal, so that the user can get a currency conversion into the currency of our Paypal account, which is USD, but the message is still showing up. Our Shopify store is in our local currency, but that cannot be changed unfortunately. Is there a way to enable conversion on Paypal in order to get over this? Thanks!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

Hi Gigi,

Did you solve this?

Dan | Vevol Media - Shopify Partners Since 2017
--
• Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
• Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

nu..

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes, there would be. 

You would need a new store, to which you set the currency to EUR - before you even make test orders, add a Currency converter so that people from Romania see it in RON, UK sees it in GBP, etc. Being in EUR, PayPal will work. ( Or USD, GBP, and any other accepted currency by them ).

Things are very limited since Shopify doesn't offer Shopify Payments to the Romanian market. With Shopify payments you could just change the currency to your liking.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes