Receiving payments as an unregistered business

manueljardim
4 0 0

So i was setting up my online shop and when i went to set up the payments i found that i had to be a registered business to use shopify payments. Is there any way for me to receive the payments without being a registered business?

Thank you

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1972 143 423

@manueljardim 

The requirements for Shopify Payments will depend on the country you're operating from. Could you tell me which country you're in so I can see if you have any alternative options? 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
manueljardim
4 0 0

I'm operating from the netherlands.

0 Likes
manueljardim
4 0 0

@Peter 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1972 143 423

@manueljardim 

Thank you for letting me know. To use Shopify Payments when based in the Netherlands, you will need:

• A standard bank account with a financial institution must be provided (e.g., checking). Other types of bank accounts (e.g., savings) or those with a virtual bank account provider (e.g., e-wallet or cross-border services) are not supported.
    • Bank accounts in the EU use an International Bank Account Number (IBAN) as their identifier:
      • IBANs will begin with the prefix AT BE CH DE DK EE ES FI FR GB GI IE IT LU NL NO PT SE.
      • Due to the nature of EU banking, merchants are able to use a bank account from any IBAN-supported country in the EuroZone (beginning with any of the above prefixes) when setting up Shopify Payments Netherlands, as long as the currency is in EURO.
  • Personal number | BSN: more info (mandatory for all business types)
  • Business number | KVK: 8 digit number from the Chamber of Commerce more info (mandatory) This blog post also includes a how-to guide for KVK registration.
  • VAT Number | 14 characters total Example VAT NL123456789B23 (NL/9 digits/B/2digits)
    • It's possible to sign up without entering a VAT number (see screenshot).

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
manueljardim
4 0 0

@Peter  That's the thing, the business isn't registered, so i don't have a kvk or anything. Is there no other way to receive the payments from the website. And what would the rules be if i were in Belgium?

0 Likes