Recommendations for custom packaging

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 6

Hi!

I am looking for custom packaging with printing service so that I can print my logo for the packaging of my products. Please do recommend some companies.

Thank you!

Regards,

Neevan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
514 42 112

Hi, Neevan!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Have you already chosen a print-on-demand app for your online business? While there are quite a few in the Shopify App Store to choose from, most offer white-label branding, which means that the supplier's name isn't printed anywhere on the packaging.

After exploring some options, it looks like Printful would be a good fit for you. This app allows you to add your logo to the shipping label, which is then placed on the outside of most packages. They also offer the ability to include promotional materials in your orders, like flyers, business cards, stickers, buttons, and more. This is another great way to promote your brand. If you plan on selling clothing, then it's also worth noting that you'll be able to add custom inside and outside labels with your logo to products like t-shirts, leggings, etc. 

If you want complete control over your packaging, then I would suggest purchasing some inventory and fulfilling orders yourself. Doing so will give you the ability to add your logo to the packages, exactly as you see fit. In fact, there's actually an app called Brandable Box that allows you to create and purchase custom packages for your products. Of course, this would involve investing some upfront capital, but if building a strong brand is important to you, then this may be something worth considering. 

What kind of products will you be selling? Have you already found a supplier for your products? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 6

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have found my Print on Demand suppliers and Printful is one of them. For products from one of my POD suppliers, the packaging is labelled with the generic product models and prices listed on their website and they are not offering an option to replace with my product names and pricing. Having said that the quality and the cost price for their products are pretty good. Hence, that is why I am looking to source products from that but then repackage and ship out to my customers so that the I can avoid misleading my customers with labels that reflect my cost price. This company is based in China and initially, I was looking for warehousing and fulfilment provider in Hong Kong for the repackaging and shipping to my customers.

As I am starting off with stocking up in small quantities to see how is the demand for my products it is pretty tricky finding a warehousing and fulfilment provider. I was referred to a company in Hong Kong by Easyship but their charges and terms does not suit me. As such now I am considering using a warehousing and fulfilment provider in Singapore that works with Easyship since I am also based in Singapore.

But now my major challenge is finding a company for custom made shipping boxes to fit the dimensions of the umbrellas that I wish to sell. I did check out Brandable Box but like many of the companies based in the US they do not ship out the US. Hence, I am looking for company that produces custom made shipping boxes either in Singapore or overseas that can ship to Singapore.

Regards,

Neevan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
514 42 112

Thanks for taking the time to follow up and share a bit more about your business, Neevan. 

What kind of products are you selling through Printful? Typically, their products are branded so I'm curious to know which ones you've selected. As for pricing, you should also be able to use your own pricing; the retail prices that you see in their catalog are mere suggestions and once the product is imported you can set whichever price you like.

It's great to hear that you've already looked into Brandable Box. Taking a look at the Shopify App Store, I managed to find a similar app called Arka: Packaging and Supplies. This app offers custom packaging solutions using eco-friendly materials. In their FAQ, they do state that they ship internationally.

Our blog post, "How to Use Ecommerce Packaging to Create a Memorable Unboxing Experience for Your Brand" also includes a list of suppliers for custom branded packaging that you should find useful. I recommend checking each one out to see what kind of packages they offer and whether they are able to ship to Singapore. Hopefully, there are a few suitable suppliers there for you.

I hope this helps you in your search for a supplier! Let me know what you think. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 6

Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will take a look at them to find out what works best for me.

Regards,

Neevan

1 Like