Recurring Monthly Payment Solutions

5 0 0

Hi Dallas,

Hope it's alright I'm opening an old post.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation and having a hard time finding a solution.

I'm in the process of setting up my first shop, and I need to set it up in a leasing sort of payment way. It's a product that customers can "subscribe" to by paying each month. They only get the initial product - there are no recurring shipments, only payment for as long as they hold onto the product. 

I'm a bit overwhelmed with the apps I've tried so far, and can't seem to find a proper solution. 

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards

Gavin

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 40 85

Hey, Gavin! 

I would love to help you. In order for me to not throw resources in your face that you have already seen or tried and don't feel like they have worked, are you able to give me a bit of a summary for what you have tried so far? 

I look forward to working with you further. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hey Dallas,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've tried using these plugins so far:

- Recurring orders & subscription box by Bold.

- ReCharge recurring billing and subscriptions.

- PayWhirl

I've been in contact with ReCharge and PayWhirls customer support, and both are telling me that Shopifys internal structure doesn't work with the way I need it to, and that's also why the big plugins don't allow for it.

I'm also not entirely sure where to look since this is my first time setting up a store. I haven't tried anything further than that, except panic emailing to customer service of different plugins to see if their plugin can help, and post on forums. 

To recap, I need to come up with a way that'll allow this system to work somehow:

The customer subscribes to a camera, they get the camera upon their first payment, they'll keep paying a monthly subscription fee until they return the camera.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Thanks again!

Edit: I'm going to try PayWhirl and see if I can get this to work through their plug-in, but I'm open to trying anything. Cheers. :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 40 85

Hey there! 

That is a bit of a tricky one and to be honest, I am not really sure we have an app that is meant for exactly what you're needing. However, I have done some digging for you! 

I found an app that has the ability for recurring invoices. This means that you would be able to bill your customers repeatedly, which is what you need by the sounds of it. The app is called Recurring Order & Subscription.  Have you tried to see if that one will work or not? 

I am going to do some more digging on this to see if I can find anything else next week when all of Shopify is back in the office. I want to see if I can find a working option for you in an app form because it is easier to add to your store and use it right away. However, if you would like someone to build a custom app with exactly the features that you need you could reach out to the Shopify Experts! They're very talented when it comes to building brilliant apps from the ground up. With that said, I still can't promise they will be able to get this built for you, but as a last resort, it might be worth an option. 

If I find out more information about this I will let you know, but please let me know how that app works for you. 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi again,

Yeah, it sure is :)

I tried some different apps, but I've gone back to the Bold one you're also suggesting. Currently, I'm having some issues with the app, where if I try to successfully checkout I get this error box :

Capture.PNG

I also get the same error message if I try to check out from the cart. I've been in touch with Bold support, but even after their installation, I'm still getting the same issue. I don't suppose this is something that Shopify can help me with? :)

Thanks again

Gavin

0 Likes
1 0 0

Is there a particular reason why there isn't a built-in solution for this?

This is such a common request for an online store, its omission seems practically deliberate.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 40 85

@GGav 

That is really odd. I can't say that I know why the app is doing that. Since I am general support, I'm not actually able to help with this since I know more about Shopify than Bold. I truly wish that I could help you, but the best option might be to re-contact Bold. Have you been in touch with them since the error started happening? 

@martincrownover 

We're always working to figure out what tools and options would best suit Shopify users. For that reason, it is very possible that this is something that will be available natively in the future. I am not aware of it currently, but that doesn't mean that we won't ever have that option available. 

What I can do is go ahead and make a merchant frustration form for you regarding this feature to send to our development team. Our team is constantly developing tools that can be used to better operate the Shopify platform. If you share your store URL I can put your store as one of the stores that would like that feature. If it is ever made you wouldn't personally be contacted and informed, but as a subscriber, you would be contacted via email to let you know this feature is or will be available. 

Do you want me to put your store URL down for this? 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Yeah, we're still in touch, sadly we're in widely different timezones. Nothing to do about that. :)

Maybe you can help me with something else, how can I remove "Home page" or other default pages?

We're planning on linking to our Shopify products page from an already existing site, so I don't want the logo to click into the home page on Shopify. Alternatively, is it possible to change the linking from the logo button to our own page?

0 Likes