Recurring charges for removed apps?

Solved

Hi,

If there was a recurring charge for an app and we decide to remove the app then recurring charges will be cancelled automatically? 

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2363 163 339

Hi @coolnothing,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question! 

That is correct. Once you remove an app the charges will also be canceled. Something to note though is that some apps might be in the middle of a charging cycle when you remove them and there could be a cost after that. But once that charging cycle is over, there wouldn't be anymore. Because of this, I would advise you to double check then the app billing cycle is for the app you want to remove, is, so you can take full advantage of it for the charging cycle it's in. 

You can remove an app by taking the following steps seen in the screenshot below as well as from the help document here

19-07-y1hsk-3j67k

Hope this helps and answers your question. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Thanks a lot.
1 Like
2 0 1

Hi Nick, 

Sorry for jumping on this post but if my app billing cycle is 17oct-16nov and my shopify monthly charge cycle is 29oct-29nov, when do i need to cancel my app to avoid another charge? Prior to the Shopify billing cycle or the app cycle.  

Thanks

Carlie

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2363 163 339

Hi @jadeandmay,

No worries at all that's what the threads are here for!

You should cancel the app based off your app billing cycle in an instance like this NOT your monthly Shopify billing cycle. For example, if you leave the app installed after Nov 16th  (intending to cancel before Nov 29) a charge will generate and be saved until your monthly bill, even if you cancel the app before Nov 29. App cycles are independent of the monthly Shopify bill, but Shopify saves the charges until the next regular invoice generates it to avoid multiple invoices a month should that be the case. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Thanks heaps - that makes sense!
1 Like