Refund Request Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

my account was charged on 02/05/2020, but I opened the store on Shopify just to test some functionality a lot of days ago and after some days I never used it as you can see.

After the bill was charged I immediately closed the store as you can see.

So I'd like to ask for a refund because I really never use the store and I never put it online, so it would be truly absurd to be charged for this.

Look forward your kind reply.

Regards,

Andrea

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hey, @arimoldi88!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

I totally understand what you mean here and I know it is easily done, however, even if the store is not being used, if it is active on our system then it is automatically included in our billing cycle. As per our terms and conditions section, 14.9 Shopify does not provide refunds but I understand you weren't using your store so I can certainly have a look and see if I can do anything for you here.

In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a look.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Lulu,

I really appreciate your understanding.

I just want to notify that I didn't receive the verification email yet.

Regards,

Andrea

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @arimoldi88.

Thank you for getting back to me. I sent the email yesterday to the email address associated with your forums account. Can you check your spam/junk folder in case it went in there? 

Thank you,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Lulu,

I double checked my spam/junk email folder but I didn't find anything.

I also checked the email associated with my forum account and it is correct.

How could it be?

Regards,

Andrea

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Lulu,

I just receive an email "Bill for May 2, 2020 ($45.00)", is that the email you were talking about?

Regards,

Andrea

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @arimoldi88.

No that wasn't the one I sent. That is very strange. Sometimes smtp@shopify.com and mailer@shopify.com need to be whitelisted with your email account to ensure all emails are coming through correctly.

If you want, you can submit an email through our help centre here and you can let me know the ticket number you receive in the automated reply and I can verify you that way then.

Thank you,

Lulu 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Lulu,

thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to send an email with Shopify Help Center, but currently it won't let me to send a new one.

shopify_email_error_01.PNG

Is there another way to verify my Shopify Account?

Regards,

Andrea

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @arimoldi88.

If you would like a live, instant chat I would recommend reaching out on our live chat team here. They will have other ways to verify you when they are speaking to you. 

0 Likes