Can I get a refund for my Shopify subscription fee?

manogna7
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello 

I'm still in the testing stage of my products and I took the free trial just to see how my website would look once done. I was meaning to close my store but was charged the subscription fee for next month. Right now I have no products to sell. I have closed my store 
Could you please initiate a refund for me? 

Thanks and Regards

Replies 3 (3)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @manogna7,

Hank here from Shopify.

When you sign up for a trial with Shopify, no credit card is required. So once the 14-day period is over, the store would go offline, (or become frozen), until a paid plan is selected so you can continue.

The only exception with this would be if you selected a paid plan while you were in your trial, which would start once the 14-day trial ends. Can you confirm if this happened?

I may be able to offer you a refund if the store is closed and a subscription was recently paid, but this would only be for the Shopify subscription. Any Domain charges would be considered non-refundable as domain purchases are valid for one calendar year. Also, any third-party app charges would need to be approved by the app developer.

Let me know your situation, and I will gladly assist you further.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

manogna7
Visitor
3 0 0

My credit card details were asked when I signed up for the shopify trial. And the amount got automatically deducted once 14 day trial period expired. 
And I closed the store immediately.
Please help me with the refund. (There is no domain purchase)

Thanks and Regards,
Manogna.

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

I can certainly look at this to see if a refund is possible and to determine what happened with the selection of a plan.

As I mentioned you do not need to enter a credit card, as the trial is purely to see if Shopify is a fit for you and your business plan, but once a plan gets selected, then that is when the card is needed.

Now what I will need to do is verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog