Refund after getting billed prematurely

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, today I closed my shopify store for the time being. We were in the growth stage prior and garnering interest but I had started the business in early March which couldn't have been worse timing for the beginning of Corona. As a non-essential growing fashion based business, I found it hard to keep the business alive during this time. I paid last months bill which I am okay with, and will not seek to recoup. However, after losing my main source of income. Today I sadly decided to close the store the morning of the billing period. Unfortunately, I have already been billed for this period of time and I am requesting help in recouping those costs. Thank you for your time, and stay safe.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1052 88 117

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jwilson,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

I'm so sorry to hear this has happened but I do understand that with everything that's going on at the moment, it can sure be hard to start off a new business. We do now offer a 90-day trial extension due to COVID-19 so if you were to change your mind later on, I or any of our support would be happy to add a trial extension to your store. You can also sign up here if you would like to start from scratch instead.

While I wouldn't be able to refund the invoice issued in March, I can confirm that your store has successfully been cancelled and I was able to issue you a refund of $31.58 USD for your April invoice. You should see this back in your account within 3-5 business days, depending on bank processing times.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I really appreciate the support and diligent response. An extended trial period on my store would be perfect for us to further establish our presence and set up the frame work for consistent business, so that we may sustain ourselves once the pandemic is over. 

Thanks once again

Esthetase

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1052 88 117

Hi @Jwilson,

Sure thing! I've added a 90-day trial to your account. You should be able to log back into your account now moving forward and don't forget to re-add your custom domain to your store as these are automatically removed from the account when it's cancelled.

If there's anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there

I cancelled my subscription also due to the COVID circumstances on the day the bill was due however I was too late and I have been charged for August. I'm no longer using Shopify and have been charged 29.99. 

Could something please be done as I cannot afford to use Shopify any longer. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1052 88 117

Hi @Kslondon,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting me know!

I've sent an email to you privately to help authenticate the account and so I can look into your query.  

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,