Refund

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, Why I got charged if I canceled subscription before 30 days ended? 
How can I get a refund if I closed the store and won’t let me contact support?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 38 68

Hi, @Manny12!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Generally, if you've had any pending charges over the time you've worked on your store for apps, shipping labels, or other fees the final invoice will automatically charge your card upon cancellation of your account. If you cancel before your next subscription is due the subscription fee won't be charged, but the others will.

You can find more information on all of this in the guide to closing your store here and in our terms of service under section 15.2 here

Do you recall having installed any apps that had fees attached to them? The app will always show an approval page before installing to ensure that you confirm getting charged for any future monthly/periodic fees and how much they will be.

If this was not related to any fees aside from the subscription I can take a look, but please confirm if it wasn't an app before we dive into the details of the invoice.

Just a reminder that Shopify doesn't provide refunds as shown in our terms here in sections 14.9 and 15.2, but I can take a look at your invoice and advise you further once you've confirmed the type of charge you recall it being.

Let me know how you do with the information above.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Dear Shopify,

The 1st monthly subscription billing for the store was done on 8th July, and since then I was trying to run the store but wasn't successful due to various reasons. However, I was about to close my store and cancel the subscription before 8th August BUT suddenly I noticed I was charged for the month of August on 7th August(i.e today an hour ago) a DAY before 8th August(when the billing should've happened). I am really in need for some money right now and I would request the Shopify team to please refund the amount deducted from my Bank Account as I was anyways going to cancel the subscription in a few hours. Please reach out to me soon, need your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 38 68

@Singh please ensure that you reach out to our 24/7 support team for assistance. They'll need to check your account and run through the process and information that I posted in reply to the original poster here. Please be advised that this doesn't guarantee that you will receive a refund.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes