Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

Nate_Rojwongsur
Tourist
3 0 3

Been waiting for fix since 2016, can we get Shopify staff here to sort this out already?!

nn_fs
1 0 2

I figured out a workaround that may help some of you. It worked for me at least.

You can edit the order and add a previously created test product of no value to the order. Once done, you can mark the order as fulfilled. Just make sure not to notify the customer about the fulfillment. It might not be a clean solutions since you will have a test product showing up in the orders from then on, but at least it makes the order disappear from the unfulfilled tab.

dean_verhoeven
Excursionist
18 0 22

Here's another solution that I post here once in a while for newcomers to this aggravating Shopify behavior. It's derived from @Claire_Brennan 's procedure posted here in ancient times:

Dean’s simplified procedure for getting “partially refunded” orders out of the “open orders” list:
1. go to “Orders”
2. click on the “Open” button to display the offending orders
3. select all the orders that you need to eliminate from the open orders list
4. Select “More actions” > Unarchive orders
5. Select “Fulfill orders”
6. Select “More actions” > Archive orders. Refresh page...DONE!

deyong1846
Tourist
3 0 3

no that doesn't work if the order is cancelled and refunded, meaning it never left originally.

deyong1846
Tourist
3 0 3

thanks @nn_fs but you cannot edit a closed order of more than 60 days

My problem is cancelled or refunded orders that have never left and been refunded, but still show in the orders tab counting to your total or orders.

I click refunded and unfulfilled and it shows the number of orders.

timeandagain
1 0 2

THANK YOU!  These notification bubbles make me NUTS!  Why hasn't Shopify found a fix for this for those of us who try and keep things cleared out?!

BenAgosto
Tourist
4 0 6

Yes this is VERY frustrating. Every day, I see "Open, Unfulfilled Order" notification badges on my store and a percentage of them are cancelled/refunded orders. There needs to be a way to remove the Unfulfilled badge, completely delete, or recategorize.... there is enough confusion that comes along with running a business... I am getting sick of Shopify ignoring the needs of their customers. This is not the first issue which, when researched, is being experienced by many users. COME ON SHOPIFY! 

mchadwell
Tourist
10 0 8

Agreed Ben et.al,

Shopify needs to address this issue by providing more options to effectively remove errant orders that were refunded/cancelled when we didn't "intuitively" know ahead of time that we should hit the "fulfill" button inside an order that never was actually fulfilled (when "fulfilled" everywhere else on the damn platform means, "send your product items to the customer as obligated") before we refunded and then in error, cancelled the order trying to get it out of our orders summary lists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Shopify Developers,

This issue of inflexibility within the Shopify platform to address order processing needs for ACTUAL BUSINESS OWNERS that pay for the service. truly deserve a proper response and salient solution. This thread is evidence of 33 pages of a "problem been revealed" that now spans 5 years time.

You are obligated to fix this kind of shit for your users. Please do so ASAP.

Sincerely,

All of us actual Shopify shop owners

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JustinWillard
1 0 1

How is this STILL not resolved since 2016?!

It's ridiculous that a simple "cancellation" or "partial refund" doesn't automatically fulfil that order/part of order..

mchadwell
Tourist
10 0 8

Bump....keeping this topic on the first few pages.

Shopify.....PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP.