Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

St3v3
Excursionist
29 0 19

This thread has been ongoing since 2016 so its clear Shopify are not going to do anything about this. You are better off looking at another platform to use, one that actually listens to their paying customers.

ifillya
Tourist
4 0 6
I've been looking elsewhere and if I find one suitable for my little
knowledge in websites then I will take my three sites off here. It's a
shame they don't seem to listen or even give a reason why they can't but no
response at all from Shopify is unacceptable. There is Prestashop but I've
got to see how easy it is to use.
Rosstheboss
Tourist
11 0 8

Shopify please fix this issue! As stores grow we need to be able to clean up past mistakes from when we starting out on the platform or other errors. It's impossible to manage without this change.

idil_vice
Tourist
4 0 0

Yes, Im a victim of this issue as well and I can't believe that shopify has not fixed this. Instead you have blocked my store since 2019 and you still charge my $29/month fees for my site even though I can't access it. I'm emailing support and they do not seem to understand the issue. 3 of my orders were wrongly refunded due to this issue and now I supposedly owe $1700 to shopify? Please get it together, because I just paid for a new theme also, which I am not able to use now, not even talking about the damage to my business! If shopify does not soon give me access I will file a complaint with the court, stating that shopify has destroyed my business and has deeply destructive fallout issues in their set up platform, which refunds money to customers who already got their merchandise... idilvice.myshopify.com elasticwonder.com, check for yourselves... and BEWARE shopify community! I also had 2 other stores on shopify and changed them to Squarespace.com and if feel much better and secure. I hope you can help Nick, otherwise, as I suggested, I won't have any other choice but to sue.

0 Likes
idil_vice
Tourist
4 0 0

Squarespace.com is so much better and they are in the USA

0 Likes
idil_vice
Tourist
4 0 0

Actually, what happened to me is even worse and shopify is not budging. I cancelled a couple of orders by mistake and they where refunded! Without warning! Beware, don't do it, it will refund the orders and you will be penalized, just like me. They blocked me from accessing my storefront and keep asking me to pay the refunded items, even though I called immediately and told them about the issue and requested them to stop the processing returns.. to no avail, they did nothing and blocked my store since 2019 right after I purchased a new theme! They still charge $29 /month... it is 2021 and they completely destroyed my business. Can we do a class action here? I think it's needed. check out my store elasticwonder.com, I don't have access???!!!

0 Likes
ifillya
Tourist
4 0 6
Hi, I’ve cancelled some orders but didn’t notice any refunds being made, I
think I will do a test on my site to see what happens, thanks for the heads
up.

I know how frustrating contacting Shopify is and them not understanding
what you’re trying to tell them. They then send you a remedy which is
obviously out of an archive of crap written down ready to send out.

Good luck with sorting this out, I’ll have a look at square space
--
Jason Ifill

Chiltern Bathrooms
Units 1&2 Higham Mead
Chesham
Buckinghamshire
HP5 2AH

07999 166333
01494 728882
0 Likes
PublicEnemy
2 0 2

Wow. Still no solution for this?  My first order was a test order where I refunded myself after placing an order.  This order still shows as “unfulfilled”, with no way to delete the order. Arg!!! 

As someone who lives their life by “inbox zero” this is crushing. 

dean_verhoeven
Excursionist
19 0 26

@PublicEnemy wrote:

Wow. Still no solution for this?  My first order was a test order where I refunded myself after placing an order.  This order still shows as “unfulfilled”, with no way to delete the order. Arg!!! 

As someone who lives their life by “inbox zero” this is crushing. 

Haha, I feel ya! This should be a sticky for this conversation so everyone sees it--it works for me and others (but apparently not for everyone). Worth a try:

Dean’s simplified procedure for getting “partially refunded” orders out of the “open orders” list:

• 1. go to “Orders”
  • 2. click on the “Open” button to display the offending orders
  • 3. select all the orders that you need to eliminate from the open orders list
  • 4. Select “More actions” > Unarchive orders
  • 5. Select “Fulfill orders”
  • 6. Select “More actions” > Archive orders...DONE! 
0 Likes
flowergal123
1 0 1

Dean's workaround worked for me! The number beside Orders FINALLY reflects the true amount of unfulfilled orders.

HOWEVER! When I filter unfulfilled orders, I still see 3 orders that have been refunded or completed. They're grayed out so fine, but they still appear there. (And for the record, I always hit fulfill before refunding and canceling.)