Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

StoveStickers
Excursionist
16 0 9

Over the last 3 years I have sold many thousands of items from my shopify store and just like others I have encounter the problem of orders being erroneously shown as unfulfilled - I am slightly OCD and cannot allow such a thing to happen - the main reason for it happening in the first place is that every order must be fulfilled before it is cancelled or refunded – sometimes this is counterintuitive 

Whenever I mistakenly do something that allows the orders to be shown as unfulfilled  (yes- it still happens )  I follow the advice given on within this thread and manage to get all back in order with the top left Menu >Orders always showing the correct status  - my advice to those who seem to be unable to get ‘orders’ within the top left menu to display correctly is to follow the tips given in this thread and keep trying - I use Win 10 with either Firefox and Edge. 

In regard as to why the management do not correct this issue – it seems that the person responsible is either an idiot (unlikely) or is a ‘rainman’ who whilst brilliant cannot see that ordinary folk make mistakes – and because in his mind we who make these mistakes are idiots - he will not change anything

Its their way or the highway- I am not too keen on Shopify –  I only got here because they took over TicTail  (where I was ) and which was far far better

Denislisa
Tourist
3 0 0

Does TicTail have this problem?

0 Likes
StoveStickers
Excursionist
16 0 9

No - it was completely different - but upon the take over they gave all TicTail customers six months notice and closed TicTail down - they helped the TicTail customers migrate to Shopify and gave me 6 months free - sad really

0 Likes
deyong1846
Tourist
7 0 9

This is 100% Correct.

If there is a certain way Shopify want us to work on their system then it should be explained properly. if there is a glitch then it should be fixed.

If a customer cancel or refunds the order after despatch then the order remains unfulfilled. When looked at the number of orders by report it is not accurate. 

deyong1846
Tourist
7 0 9

Your solution does not work.

This is very frustrating but for the sake of Shopify and they really need to pay attention and fix the issue, I have read the early replies and it does not make sense.

I currently have 42 orders showing as live, once filters are applied the accurate number is 9.

the 31 orders are all cancelled and refunded orders.

so. customer buys item 1, this removes 1 pc from your stock availability.

Customer wants to cancel, so it is logical to restock that item and refund the customer yet order now remains unfulfilled.

So now the reporting is inaccurate as when you want a quick picture of how many orders you have outstanding to process it is giving a false number.

When cancelled or refunding an order there is no fulfil order option. The order should now be cancelled and completed and closed, and if archived should not show on the unfulfilled options or showing on the app or main webpage counting towards orders needing to be fulfilled.

deyong1846
Tourist
7 0 9

ok heads up

I have contacted support and requested developer to update. they are aware of the issue. 

Everyone needs to contact chat support and log complaint and this will get resolved faster with delveloper.

There should not be the need to filter, nor should we have to fulfil before cancelling or refunding.

MvW
2 0 2

Thats exactly true! everyone needs to spam the support chat through here: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat

This is the reaction i have gotten from the support team: 

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you are well today. Yes this has been raised with us before. What I can do is create a merchant frustration. This is listed for our developers and the more feedback we see the more chance it will be changed.

Plebs
1 0 0

Yes people, ONLY WAY TO FIX THIS IS TO RAISE THEIR AWARENESS.

It is so annoying to deal with this

Contact them now - 

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

0 Likes
lovelylibbysuk
1 0 2

Agree with most who has posted here. There should be a way to mark as returned, not just leave it as unfulfilled its messy and makes the admin confusing and non user friendly. 

Shopify needs to step up and sort out this problem asap  

mackenziegraham
1 0 1

*THESE STEPS WORKED FOR ME*

This is a verrrrrrry pesky problem, but I don't need to elaborate - the other 37 pages of complaints on this issue say everything we need to know. However, I did just try something that successfully fulfilled an order that had been refunded before it was marked as fulfilled, and had sat and a ghost order in my open order count for months.

1. Open the Order that is incorrectly marked as unfulfilled
  2. Navigate to "Edit" on the order page
  3. Add a "custom item" to the order, making sure to untick the box so that it doesn't notify your customer (I called it something generic and added a $0.01 price)
  4. Once the custom item shows up on the order page, mark it as "Fulfilled"
  5. Voila! The order no longer shows up as Unfulfilled in shopify, and I can archive it.

I hope this works for others. And Shopify, I love you, but please get a fix for this!