Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

Explorer
50 0 5

And I there a possibility to fulfill an order which I already cancelled or refunded?

@slupton wrote:
The workaround is that we mark as fulfilled regardless of whether we're fulfilling, cancelling, refunding or partially refunding. Go figure

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 2 50

No, that's the maddening thing about Shopify in general - you change stuff once something's done, you're stuffed.

If you or your customer make an honest mistake, or if your customer changes their mind (which of course they do, it's human) you have to start again which defeats the whole point of computers to begin with - to be able to edit stuff!

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 5

13 pages and almost 4 years this problem has been reported and Shopify has so little respect for its customers that it can't be bothered to update their 4 year old reply, let alone fix it. This is the kind of crap that drives people to other venues, such as BigCommerce.

I don't give two figs about how Shopify employees define "unfulfilled". To me, it screams - "you have an order to ship today!".

Any developer worth his salt could fix this in a couple of days...but let me guess, SHopify is waiting for someone to develop an app that we'd have to pay some ridiculous amount for. You see, for SHopify, it's better to have a half-baked platform and a crapload of apps, from which they collect 30% or so of their fees, than to fix it. Fixing it nets nothing (except satisfied sellers, but I guess they don't include good will as part of their valuation).

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2
I’m looking for a solution here and see that these responses are from 18 months ago so guessing nothing has been fixed? Agree with everyone—this is basic business reporting. Absurd that this is so difficult.
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2
What other platforms have people found that have more business relevance and customer orientation? I am also thinking of switching platforms because Shopify is so tone deaf to these complaints. I was so glad to see I wasn’t the only one struggling with these fulfillment issues but so frustrated that these posts are from a year ago and the problem remains.
1 Like
2 0 1

Would love to see a reasonable solution here. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Literally here for the same problem.  FIX IT!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 3

Same problem here, I have 30 or so "unfulfilled" orders and its starting to drive me insane.  I just did a refund for a customer that changed their mind and forgot to hit fulfill because that really doesn't make sense.  I guess 3 years isn't enough time to develop a solution. . . separate topic but also, no scan form?  come on shopify I thought you were better than this.  

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1
This is still a major problem! Does Shopify not care at all to listen to us when we have an issue? I’m just beginning to grow and love using your platform but little issues like this I keep seeing. I’m also a bit miffed I have to pay $10 a month to issue store credit because you don’t have that as an option? Really? A business platform with no store credit capabilities? Baffling. As my business keeps growing, I may have to look to new venues that grow with it since Shopify doesn’t seem to have any interest in doing the same.
1 Like
2 0 1

13 pages of customers begging for a fix. Shopify, this is a real issue for your customers, please address this!!! We all need answers, not workarounds. We need a FIX.

1 Like