Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 18
And now to add insult to injury… We’re not going to be getting our fees returned on refunds. And so far the response to that has been about the same as the response to this. Crickets.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am having this same issue, but I also need to update the fulfillment location on products that had been previously refunded. But since that order is still technically unfulfilled, I can't change the location. I need to be able to do this so that our reporting is correct, showing that it is being shipped from the correct location. This needs to be fixed!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Yet another Shopify User adding to this thread. After 4 years Shopify is choosing to ignore this issue even with over 18 pages worth of people saying this needs to resolved as the current way just does not work/make sense. To have to fulfill an order before cancelling/refunding it is just plain stupid and backwards. If the order is cancelled it should not show in the orders page as needing action. Its very confusing to see that everyday even though nothing actually needs doing.

I did actually try the workaround on page 16 and I am happy to say it worked. But we should not have to do this to remove the unactioned order from the page. When an order is cancelled/refunded the 'unfulfilled' stautus should change to 'Cancelled/Refunded' so it doesnt show as needing action. This should be a simple fix but Shopify refuses to even acknowledge this thread now. Not a great way to treat their paying customers.

We are still a relatively new shop but I am now already looking into alternatives as I do not like how Shopify are treating their customers by ignoring them, extremely unprofessional.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yup, this is an issue for us as well. Shopify, please fix this issue!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

After reading through the 18 pages, I can't believe Shopify hasn't done something to fix this issue.   Aren't they evolving with needs of their users.  Ridiculous!  

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

+1 I've also just spent almost an hour of my life that I'll never get back reading all 18 pages of this thread. I simply cannot believe Shopify has not addressed this. There should absolutely be a Cancel --> Delete option for orders that are canceled and refunded. There should also be a bulk action to restock items from these orders, unless there is one and I'm missing that?? The workaround to "fulfill" is not based on real world scenarios or accounting principles. It's just that - a workaround. In addition, there's always that pesky inflated number of orders that don't actually need to be fulfilled. I feel like I'm losing my mind here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

[ !!! SOLUTION !!! ]

I don't know why nobody came up with solution for this nor shopify team suggested that yet, and it's so simple. When your order is partially refunded or cancelled but still shows the annoying number like you have an unfulfilled orders and you marked it as fulfilled and that did not help? Go to the order(s) in question, click "More" and then "Cancel fulfilment" - Order will still show as "Cancelled" or "Refunded" and "Fulfilled" on the list of orders but the annoying and misleading number beside "Orders" will be GONE forever.

shopify.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

But that doesn't work for orders that have been fully cancelled / refunded :( So the issue still stands. This is so stupid!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Oh god, and those orders also remain in my Sendle Dashboard. Can this bug be fixed, please?Sendle.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Honestly. This is such a rash.... What can we do to get an answer!

Shopify needs to address this...

1 Like