Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I started with shopify about 9 months ago and have had to cancel orders and refund numerous times and have not had the issue where the top left "orders" status has not updated itself to properly show only outstanding orders -  I do not care if the refunded order is marked in "All orders" as unfulfilled as long as it no longer appears in "orders"  - I want "orders" to be just that - orders to process - and for me that was how it was until yesterday when for the first time the "orders" indicated that there was 1 outstanding refunded order marked as unfulfilled which had been cancelled, refunded, restocked, deleted etc etc etc - I tried archiving it and unarchiving and then archiving all to no avail - I repeatedly tried clicking every available option but the pesky thing still listed itself in "orders" - I then got mad and again clicked and clicked and clicked every option and all of a sudden it corrected itself - which proves its a glitch - I was using MS edge browser - perhaps its a browser issue - also try clearing the cache and see what happens 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
40 0 7
I do believe it’s a bug as well, because some people claim they can archive, and others can’t (like me). However, there’s obviously a lot of people it does affect. Shopify devs surely know about this by now, but seem to be taking the age old… ‘Well, this only affects some people, so that’s their problem’… dev attitude. Which is ridiculously arrogant and not a great way of running a biz.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

To dpd1

I have read elsewhere that going mad and clicking all over the place (and reloading the pertaining webpage) eventually rectifies the issue - Which in my opinion (of a person with little knowledge)  would lend itself to a browser issue and perhaps a cache issue - in any event my problem is that when the next refund comes along I will be worried about the outcome -   - my repeated clicking ( see my post above > above ) wasn't a five minute fix - I spent a couple of hours on the problem and do not know what click or action resolved my issue

I agree with you - the problem has been posted on these boards for years without anybody from Shopify doing anything useful - this is similar to the way eBay handles problems and a lot have come to Shopify to get away from that attitude - very sad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Brilliant I think I have just fixed mine after 4 years of having this problem! After playing around for a bit here is what I did -

1. go to orders > all orders

2. click on open orders

3. sort by date (oldest first)

4. select all the old orders that you need to get rid of

5. actions > unarchive orders

6. REFRESH your browser

7. select all the orders again

8. actions > fulfill orders

9. REFRESH your browser

10. I think the orders stayed selected this time, but if not select them all again

11. actions > archive orders

12. REFRESH your browser

DONE! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thats great - could you please advise what browser you used

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
40 0 7
Yep, that did it. Nice work. But holy crap, that’s ridiculous. Interestingly, my partially refunded orders went away before the final archive move. Fully refunded did not… I had to do the final archive for that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

@StoveStickers wrote:

Thats great - could you please advise what browser you used

I used Safari on desktop

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Safari on windows 10? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

@StoveStickers wrote:

Safari on windows 10? 

Mac

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks -   then its not a browser issue - but in any event I was using windows 10 and you a Mac - so it seems to be a question of clicking (as you have listed) and its resolved - which is a result !

0 Likes