Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

Highlighted
Explorer
78 2 7

@Claire_Brennan Worked for me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did this ever get addressed by Shopify or is it still a terrible function?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

as stated by others previously - this is the cure

1. go to orders > all orders

2. click on open orders

3. sort by date (oldest first)

4. select all the old orders that you need to get rid of

5. actions > unarchive orders

6. REFRESH your browser

7. select all the orders again

8. actions > fulfill orders

9. REFRESH your browser

10. I think the orders stayed selected this time, but if not select them all again

11. actions > archive orders

12. REFRESH your browser

DONE!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Unfortunately this is not the cure for all. Seems to be pot luck if this works for some

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

The main issue for me is that it still adds a number next to the Orders button in the left sidebar which causes me unecessary urgency. Has anyone figured out how to solve this?SHOPIFY.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
163 2 85

@STAINO

Yes, I found this particular painful as well. The only way I found was to use a web browser and refresh the page while logged in to Shopify. If that doesn't change the number, then you might have a fulfilled but open order.

What's painful is that Shopify uses four different terms; open, unfulfilled, closed, fulfilled while the rest of us use two; fulfilled and unfulfilled.

I realise my reply might not be that helpful but that's because this entire situation makes no sense to me - Shopify have taken something simple (fulfilled and unfulfilled) and made it confusing!

Cheers

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

No actually your reply is very helpful: it made me realize that I have accomplished this before (i.e., "fulfiling" a cancelled order) so given that you've told me that the behind the scenes is different, I will try to manipulate the settings. SOSO frustrating. 

If you figure out the way to do it, please let me know~!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Shopify ignored this thread so hard  i was starting to deny its existence.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Not sure if it’s any help but I used the app to archive orders that were showing as unfulfilled and it’s removed them for me!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@DiabolicalInc wrote:

What about Partial Refunds?  I partially refunded a customer as they used the wrong discount code.  No I can't FN fullfill it.  Get your **bleep** together Shopify!!!

I just did the exact same thing since I like to provide my customers excellent customer service. Googled and found this thread. Fun times. 

0 Likes