Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 7

Some of these small things in Shopify drive me crazy why hasn't this been addressed yet? I refund an order but because I didn't fulfill it first it is permanently stuck in my queue of as unfulfilled?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

This works like a charm, but JEEZ what a lot of trouble to remove a order from that list.

I removed 2 items from an order (out of stock, and out of production, so couldn't restock) and partially refunded, and it stayed in my list.

But this fixed it.

Thanks !!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 3

It is absurd that this problem has existed for almost 4 years and no one at Shopify has taken the time to fix it. And in the meantime there is apparently a whole team trying to jam the useless Kit down my throat. We shouldn't even be able to cancel an order if it is going to show up as unfulfilled in our orders for ETERNITY. Shopify makes a great iOS app that nw will always show me that I have an outstanding order to fulfill, even though it was cancelled weeks ago.

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

are you saying you found a fix to removing unfurled orders that have been cancelled or refunded?? I've been reading through 4 years of complaints and haven't seen a solution???

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 5

First clear your cache - I use CCleaner - the free version

Then follow this which was found to work for some including me ( I think its a browser issue )

1. go to orders > all orders

2. click on open orders

3. sort by date (oldest first)

4. select all the old orders that you need to get rid of

5. actions > unarchive orders

6. REFRESH your browser

7. select all the orders again

8. actions > fulfill orders

9. REFRESH your browser

10. I think the orders stayed selected this time, but if not select them all again

11. actions > archive orders

12. REFRESH your browser

Good luck

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

thanks so much for coming back to me so quickly - the strangest thing happened, after posting here I went back to my site and I filtered my open orders I don't think I did anything else, certainly nothing complicated and it seems to have miraculously fixed itself - is it possible Shopify fixed the issue on the exact day I decided to join the conversation???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Ha, I doubt it! But I won't be able to tell until I have another order that will be partially refunded, while the rest is shipped, which caused the issue for me.

But maybe they fixed it, would be amazing..  And indeed the post of StoveStickers is what solved it for me as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks so much, StoveStickers! After driving myself crazy trying to figure this out, I stumbled on your solution and it worked! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you StoveStickers! That has been driving me crazy for months and finally searched around to see if anyone else had this issue and came across this thread right away. Now I finally have that problem resolved, it was annoying me to no end!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0

Hiya,

Thanks for this - sadly it didn't work for me on Microsoft Edge.  Have others found it to work on other Browsers?  I've been waiting 4 years for Shopify to sort this.  REALLY DISAPPOINTING customer care from them.

Let us style your identity with a new piercing or body jewellery.
0 Likes