Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

1 0 2

This is ridiculous that so many people agree that the way "unfulfilled" works with refunds is broken, or at best, not what is expected by virtually most people.

FIX IT Shopify.  It's been several years.  Add an alternative at least.

But here is an annoying, but possibly workable solution for those that want something if Shopify doesn't listen.  Get Excelify app, use the import/export feature and make the change in the exported spreadsheet before reimporting to fix - BE CAREFUL and read how to do it, to not screw up your customer or order db.  But it may work.  Then if you don't need Excelify cancel after 1 month and then you don't need an ongoing app to handle anything.  Excelify is useful for db backups though.

2 Likes
1 0 2

2019 and we're STILL stuck w/ this?  I can't at a glance ensure that during the BFCM rush my newly transitioned fulfillment center got all ~300 orders they needed to out today?   No - I still have the same problem of the growing un-zeroable 'count' numeric badge next to the orders tab?

Again - it's 2019.  My cost basis on your stock is ~$86.  Love the platform.  Long time supporter.  But pls offer a fix for this.

2 Likes
1 0 0

I have the same problem. Canceled or fully refunded orders that continue to say unfulfilled.

Please fix this glitch. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I've had this problem for over two years.  I recently clicked on the "Open" orders tab and saw some orders stuck in the open position.  Some were still marked "In-Transit" for over a year so I assume the carrier either lost the package and the customer never notified me and some were marked as "Delivered", but still "Open" for whatever reason.  So I just started archiving the orders and it fixed the issue.  Now my dashboard shows no orders needing fulfilled.    

0 Likes
1 0 2

This is seriously a thing? I just started with shopify earlier this year and had my first refund that I had to do. It is not stuck on "Unfulfilled" and it can't be changed because I didn't fulfill before refunding? This is ludicrous! Why can't an option be added to change the fulfillment status after refund?

2 Likes
Tourist
4 0 4

Shopify has 14 pages of comments spanning 3 years asking that this refunded/fulfilled behavior be improved and it still hasn't been addressed? Why?

1 Like
Excursionist
40 0 6
Because they’re trying to figure out a way to sell an app that fixes it.
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 0

PLEASE fix this! It seems like such an easy fix. I have almost 20 orders that are in the "unfulfilled" purgatory of refunded/canceled orders. Absolutely ridiculous! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, I am having a similar problem. Refunded orders are showing up unfullfilled...and now I need to assign this product to a different locatation and it wont let me because orders are unfullfilled

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 5

Issue: Canceled or fully refunded orders continue to say unfulfilled.

Shopify, I like your product, but please fix this...

This issue has been going on for years...

Thank you

2 Likes