Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

Highlighted
1 0 0

I had two issues, first being the little indicator of new orders for orders that were 2+ years old that were partially refunded, partially fulfilled or canceled. Got rid of that by archiving those orders. The second issue with old partially fulfilled orders or canceled orders showing up in the default filters was "fixed" by creating my own filter adding the status for "unfulfilled and partially fulfilled" AND "open orders". You can alternatively delete the default "unfulfilled and partially fulfilled" filter thats there and just create your own with the same name including the "open orders" status.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Totally agree. Looking back over this thread, customers have been complaining about this problem since 2016 !!!!!
COME ON SHOPIFY - what you playing at ???
Simple fix needed for a basic and very annoying glitch

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Just hopping on the complain train here.

Please fix this, it's confusing and annoying the way it is now

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This thread has been opened for over 3 years. How is there no solution to this problem yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share. I just had a discussion with our rep at Shopify about this problem and he said that all unfulfilled orders are supposed to be marked as unfulfilled. Even when it is cancelled, or an exchange order is made, the original order was never fulfilled and hence is supposed to always be marked as unfulfilled. So sadly I dont think Shopify has any plans of fixing this or the ambiguity it creates anytime soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 12
I'd say they need to clarify what "unfulfilled" and "open" mean then. When
I click on the "Show Open Orders" button, I expect to see only orders that
I need to fulfill, not ones that have already been dealt with and put to
bed, be they refunded and fulfilled, partially paid and fulfilled,
partially refunded and fulfilled. I see all of these in my "Open" order
list. How can an order be at once "Fulfilled" and "Open"?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 5

Shopify fails to understand that unfulfilled is not a 'class' of order but is actually an important ecommerce task - like the most important todo item.

It's hard naming stuff sometimes but it's a mistake for Shopify to try and tell us that 'fulfilled' and 'unfulfilled' don't mean what everyone knows them to mean. 

This is all so obviously silly that it's embarrassing sorry.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
53 0 22
So an actual order that exists and still needs to be fulfilled, stands out in yellow as “unfulfilled”... And then an order that was cancelled months ago and no longer needs to be fulfilled… stands out in yellow as “unfulfilled”. Exactly the same. I don’t know what GUI dev in his right mind would think that makes sense. And then if you highlight and click ‘fulfill’, it lets you do it, but does nothing. Is that a ‘feature as intended’ as well?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 5
Shopify has reasons for all this but doesn’t seem to acknowledge the result; which is unintuitive and down-right confusing.

I’ve come to understand that what Shopify terms as Closed is what we all think of as fulfilled. Therefore, I use Open and Closed as unfulfilled and fulfilled.

The problem has been that once you cancel an order, you can’t fulfill it - leaving you with unfulfilled orders (which are like tasks) that you can’t complete.

Go back to support and ask how to fulfill cancelled orders. I think you have to remember to fulfill the order before you cancel it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
166 2 137
Also, try reloading the page after fulfilling.

It seems Shopify doesn’t immediately display the result of your actions so reloading the page can sometimes fix things.
0 Likes