Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I've just searched this after looking into Selenium for automating fulfillment and this is an awful solution, I can't believe it's still the same 4 years on. 

Is there any way to remove these cancelled unfulfilled orders from the order page at all? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Please cancel it delete PayPal 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Please 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 1 3

You can archive them so they don't appear when you search your unfulfilled items

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

4 years minimum and it is still a technical problem?  I would be embarrassed.  Please fix this.  It isn't an unreasonable request.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

The option to cancel is not an option under "more actions" on my orders admin page. I've wasted a LOT of time trying to figure this out. I refunded shipping costs on two orders and my admin says fulfilled buy now I always have  a "2" next to my orders tab. I need to get rid of that "2" as it is confusing.

I agree, this amazes me that Shopify geeks aren't chomping at the bit to repair this issue. Real geeks would LOVE to solve this problem. Hmmmm, I've never met a greedy geek before, or a lazy geek before. On principle alone this makes me want to switch platforms just based on how unresponsive Shopify has been.

Oh...as long as I'm venting...I normally do up to 40 trade shows a year for over two decades. So many of my fellow vendors are looking for website platforms and I get inquiries about my Shopify experience. Trade shows are cancelled due to the Corona Virus and his would be an EXCELLENT time to fine tune issues here on Shopify! Thousand of trade show vendors are switching over to internet sales. Time to step it up Shopify. Give me a hint that your listening. That would make my day!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 5

This was found to work for some

1. go to orders > all orders

2. click on open orders

3. sort by date (oldest first)

4. select all the old orders that you need to get rid of

5. actions > unarchive orders

6. REFRESH your browser

7. select all the orders again

8. actions > fulfill orders

9. REFRESH your browser

10. I think the orders stayed selected this time, but if not select them all again

11. actions > archive orders

12. REFRESH your browser

DONE!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you so much for this speedy reply and taking the time to send me a possible solution. My first website was built in 2000, 20 years ago. I'm fairly computer savvy, not a geek by any means, but I'm logical and follow directions well.  I'm sorry to say that your directions didn't solve the issue.

I did notice that one of the two that was listed as fulfilled with a partial refund magically disappeared after my original "vent". Weird and welcomed. This was coming up as an order for 5 days. The second has the indication of 1 order yet it is fulfilled with a partial refund. It was shipped out today. I'm curious what will happen with this second "order". Maybe it will magically disappear after 5 days. Could this be the day that my customer receive sher package? I don't know...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Still have a problem
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Followed the list of instructions but did them order by order. It seems that once the unfulfilled cancelled orders were archived, the notification counter did not include those transactions. The individual orders still have the big yellow "unfulfilled" button. This helps me see if I need to work with orders to take care of our customers. 

It seems like there should be a Shopify solution to correct these old orders where they show what happened in the transaction. 

0 Likes