Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

millieandblake
2 0 0

You cannot fulfil cancelled orders. This is the issue. 

0 Likes
OakvilleUser
Tourist
3 0 2

You’re a new user that is why simply “you cannot fulfill cancelled orders” seems to make sense. Trust me, the rest of the people on this tread understand this. 

when you look at your app every day and over time ALL your cancelled orders will be included in the number on your read circle ️ telling you what you have to fulfill that day, you’ll feel that annoyed feeling the rest of us are complaining about. 

now, overall, I’m very very satisfied with Shopify. If they fixed this and the fact that you get zero warning when creating duplicate listings then I’d give it a 10/10. 

JStorey
2 0 2

Hi,

Its 17 Dec 2020 and am having this issue today and have just found this thread.

I see this was originally brought up here several years ago.

It is quite important to me that I can mark a partially refunded order of mine to fulfilled status. 

The reason for the partial refund was that customer emailed after placing order to notify that they forgot to use a 10% discount code. We partially refunded the 10% off the order but are now stuck with an unfulfilled order.

Quite frustrating.

JStorey
2 0 2

Just on the above - This meant we were unable to send out automated shipping/tracking confirmation and have had to do so via email separately.

Doesn't look good to the customer.

0 Likes
smoi
2 0 2

I can't believe that after years this is still an issue. We have some refunded orders and in the iOS app there's the badge that count those orders too so you don't have a real count of the orders that have to be fulfilled

thatsSOart
Tourist
3 0 1

I have had to turn that badge completely off because it’s useless.

Coming from a UX background it’s clear what’s happening here. They are doubling down on their “intended functionality” instead of doing one ounce of user research to see an actual business’s workflow. They made one up themselves and then washed their hands of it completely.

Mike_Bowden
1 0 5

Jumping in on this as well. As someone new to Shopify, I wasn't aware that an order has to be marked as fulfilled (why...?) before you process a refund. Otherwise, it simply always shows as unfulfilled.

To me, it seemed quite logical to not mark a package that was being refunded and never sent as canceled and refunded and not to mark it as fulfilled since it never was fulfilled.

Could someone at Shopify please give us a way to fix this. Seeing that I always have an unfilled order is quite annoying. I can't imagine how that is for larger stores to deal with.

LauraMoffett
2 0 1

Agree that this is very frustrating and would be grateful if Shopify could please review 

0 Likes
dkasten
1 0 3

Four years and two months later and still no solution. 

ifillya
2 0 4

Hi,

It is now five years on and nothing has been done to sort this issue out. Why can't you just make the unfulfilled tab turn to refunded like the tab next to it. If you need to do a refund because of lack of stock you don't want to fulfil it first, just refund then you would see refund and refund instead of refund and unfulfilled.