Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

2 0 3

He is 100% right. a canceled order should not show fulfilled. BUT it should NOT show that  it needs to be shipped either. It shoud be canceled status neither fullfulled or not fulfilled. But it should not show up as having to fulfill it on your platform or through the api

3 Likes
Tourist
4 0 5

I spent a few hours digging into the orders schema.  Long story short, if you use the 'Archive' functionality properly, then you can filter out these orders by using Order Status='Open'.

It's not intuitive at all, and you have to browser refresh your page to see the Open Orders # go down (or pull to refresh in the app), but it works.

1 Like
3 0 2

Adding myself to this, I hope it gets fixed soon. Its so obvious that trying to justify it (although i appreciate the effort), shows a massive distance between developers and buisness people.

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

just happened to me,

Refunded and the orange 'unfulfilled' is staring at me, can't this complete order get it's own section tab. A Refunded tab or a Cancelled tab would be great next to the current Unfulfilled/Partially Fulfilled where these orders can be stored

2 Likes
1 0 3

I'll go ahead and put my name on this as well. We have potentially found an app that can hide these orders for us, but as others have said, there is a pretty clear fundemental misunderstanding of how unfulfilled orders function. 

If an order is cancelled, it is no longer unfulfilled because there is no longer an order to fulfill, it has been cancelled. I understand the logic behind keeping track of canceled orders, that's important and, I understand that the importance of distinguishing an order that has been fulfilled and canceled and an order that has been canceled before fulfillment.

The problem lies with shopify telling me that I have orders that need to be fulfilled, despite the fact that they were cancelled. There needs to be a way to tell shopify that a canceled order no longer needs to be fulfilled, because, no matter what logic you use, Nick, a canceled order does not need to be fulfilled.

It's absolutely crazy how entrenched shopify is on this issue. I understand that it may not be the easiest thing to fix, but I don't think that's a valid excuse at this point. Just archive them or something, there's a notification every time I log in telling me I have X number of unfulfilled orders and that notification is absolutely usless if its not accurate. 

3 Likes
1 0 1

+1

20 years in e-commerce and never seen such an logical and yet entirely WRONG answer to a process that is clearly not fit for use in the hands of the end user. And I have seem some crazy stuff over the years...

ScottyDog

1 Like
1 0 1

This is all like too obvious. Not sure why so much pushback and tortured logic from Shopify support on such a simple issue. Yes shopify, you are correct: by definition cancelled orders are Unfulfilled. Nothing to fulfill if order cancelled. So far, so good. But , also by plain logic any order marked as "unfulfilled" the expectation is that order needs to be worked to get it in transit, on the way, delivered to customer. While it may be true that a cancelled order is unfulfilled, it is also true a cancelled order will NEVER be fulfilled. Why include an old, dead, cancelled order on the list of orders that need attention to service our buyers? How does it make sense to clutter up my To Do list with old dead/cancelled orders when I need to focus maximum attention and effort on orders pending shippment, action required, get off your rear end and get those orders on the truck for delivery.  

Same as mentioned in previous post why so much reluctance by Shopify to simply add more order status options? Every other eCommerce site/marketplace includes a status of "Order Cancelled" vs "Order Fulfilled" vs "Order Pending Fulfillment." If a cancelled order WILL never and CAN never be fulfilled why whould it appear permanent on the "unfulfilled" list which logically assumes some action required on a transaction already cancelled, reversed, killed and complete. Sounds like we shouting into the wind here. Shopify all about excuses and no action. Disappointing, but pretty much what we' we come to expect. More of the same. Good reminder we need to seek out an eCommerce platform based on standard business logic. 

1 Like
Shopify Partner
9 0 7

DAMMIT!!  I just cancelled and refunded an order without FULFILLING IT first. See how backwards this is Shopify??

Now it's hanging out there, with the rest of them. It shows up on my phone app, on my dashboard... SO freakin' annoying!!

Um. The first post on this thread is from November 2, 2016. It's coming up to our 2nd "Unfulfilling Anniversary!!" Yay?

Great to know we are being listen too! What is the point of this forum then??

This is very unfulfilling...

1 Like
1 0 1

Nick, Shopify team, your response to this obvious issue is unacceptable and absurd. Fix it! 

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 10

I suspect there's been no Shopify employee on this thread in over a year.

1 Like