Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

2 0 1

I think Christine is correct.

It is now nearly 2 years of being given the middle finger by Shopify regarding a feature that is unpopular and not fit for purpose. It is a change request that could be so realtively easily satisfied for very little cost.

All that is required is for the application ot allow fulllfilment status to be user defined. It is hardly a restructuring of the whole system architecture. 

It has been two years since Shopify clients started posting to this thread with every single post upholding the op - that the change should be made. There has not been one post from a Shopify customer in support of the status quo. The only defense from the company being from the somewhat beligerent Mr O'Fegan. This resposne has been summarily rejected by all other contributors.  

The fact that Shopify still hasnt responded in any meaninglful way demonstrates that their product marketing, product support & product dvelopment functions are equally unfit for purpose.

This forum would appear to be not much more than a cosmetic illusion of customer feedback, quality improvement and service development.

I think I speak for us all when I say that if I treated my customers in a similar, boneheaded manner, I'd expect "poor csutomer feedback". 

So the only thing I can think of to get the attention of the executive is to take this to the press. 

I intend to forward this thread to the BBC and Martin Lewis (MSE).

"Want to buy a tin ear??? Shopify goes deaf to customer feedback......"

1 Like
1 0 0

I simply cannot believe it has been two years since this has been brought up and Shopify hasn't done a thing except buried their heads in the sand. 

This is obviously a glaring bug that affects many business owners and looks like it will continue to grow into a big enough problem that Shopify will have no choice but to respond. By then it will have contributed to a lot of bad blood, this is not a good look on Shopify customer service.

0 Likes
Excursionist
93 0 6

+1 What mind-numbing nonsense! Do we really have to debate this and put in a feature request? 

Sorry for being rude but for the love of God, just get it sorted!

0 Likes
Excursionist
105 0 10

Even a free solution like Opencart already does this. For this and other issues we've kept 5 stores away from using shopify.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Adding my voice to this immense and growing list. I have an order that was a test used to set up billing, and now it shows on *every* list of unfulfilled items. It doesn't have to be fulfilled or unfulfilled - just mark it as cancelled and call it that.

And yes, the poster pointing out that Shopify's requirement to mark the orer as "fulfilled" to stay accurate is completely right - forcing us to mark an order as fulfilled before cancelling it will by default generate inaccuracies.

SHOPIFY, THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

There needs to be more statuses, and fulfilled / unfulfilled shouldn't be locked. Please fix this. It's been years.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Adding my name to this thread. 

I agree that cancelled, refunded and partially refunded are not 'fulfilled' - in my opinion there should be a fulfilment status of 'fulfilment cancelled'. This would mean that all the reporting logic still makes sense.

The workaround that seems to show the 'correct' number of orders outstanding (to be fulfilled) on the "X orders to be fulfilled" and on the list itself, is the below:

(I did this on desktop)

Go to orders, and click on the search filter 'Unfulfilled and Partially Fulfilled'. 

Add another filter to show all orders where Status is 'Open'

Click the 'Save Search' button on the right hand side. 

Select to overwrite existing filter.

Overwrite the 'Unfulfilled' search filter.

As long as all the Cancelled/refunded/partially refunded orders are archived, this filter now will not show them.

The only area this hasn't seemed to 'fix' is the blue/green number button next to orders on the left menu. I assume this will also mean it doesn't fix the push notifications on the App on mobile. 

Hope the above half helps, but Shopify please fix properly!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Is there now a solution for this? Come on Shopify this is a joke. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Adding my name to the list. So incredibly annoying and simple to fix.

Nick! Help us! 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I just wrote Shopify support an email with a link to this thread begging them to make a change. 

Shopify owners unite!! Take 2 minutes and do the same as I did, with enough requests they will make the change.

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 5

What is the exact email address for Shopift support?

0 Likes