Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

3 0 0

Hi Nick

Thanks for your efforts in this thread but I think the users are not really impressed by the filters in Shopify.

Please do note that many of us have used a range of different e-commerce solutions and we're all here because these other services does not have this issue. Stating that this is working as intended is thus not a response or a way forward that the community is looking for.

There are several ways to solve this issue even without having to go into the fulfilment status and change that. You could:

1. Create a "not" operator, so you could add "not" +  "refunded" or "not" + "canceled".
  2. Create those fitlers directly, so uyou add "not refunded" or "not canceled".
  3. Embed a query language to the filters like how gmail works, jira works or many others.

So rather than explaining how the system works as intended, the focus should be on solving the symptoms that lead to frustration.

best,

jarle

0 Likes
2 0 0

This needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
Excursionist
93 0 6

Do we really have to post/email here each time this frustrates us? Just get it sorted for God's sake!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Please fix this for god's sake!

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hello. Shopify. Are you aware there is a glitch in your sytem.

How about this, stop worrying about marketing and giving people socks at events and fix this glaring issue with fulfilment status' 

Maybe a "Fulfillment Canceled" Option... Mmmmm, fulfillment canceled. Now that is a great option.

Please fix. This should not be a third party app fix. This is a core fix.

(fingers crossed)

1 Like
3 0 0

I think these kinds of bugs that cause people pain in the everyday, are usually fixed by companies in their early stages - when they are still lean and when the company motto is still prioritised. 

When a company grows too large, then issues like these get downprioritised as the company is less lean and less tuned to user feedback - and the company motto has turned into just a marketing tagline.

Sadly it happens all the time! :)

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 10

Since we are all extremely dissatisfied and clearly no Shopify employee attends to this thread, maybe this would be a good forum for us to discuss replacement packages for Shopify.  We can discuss pros and cons of competing solutions and ultimately migrate to a better solution.  Shopify has outgrown itself and obviously can no longer support nor listen to its customer base.  That always marks the beginning of the end.  No better way to cast your vote than with your feet.

1 Like
Tourist
11 0 5

Oh, the idealist. =) Although I adhere to this philosophy regularly, when it's feasible, this isn't one of them. The very point I went with Shopify after decades of hosting my own shop was to have someone else manage it for me. Shopify is an excellent solution. But it's not perfect, and of course I agree that it's extremely revealing how callous they are (not "appear", actually ARE) when there's an issue at hand - like this one.

And Shopify isn't the only callous service - Stamps.com is almost identical. Their software has some really really really irritaing time-wasting customer-irritating bugs in it, that are easily solvable, and after years they are still not fixed, not addressed, and it's clear they don't care a single bit about your protests. But, in the same way, Stamps.com is excellent and generally works extremely well - and saves me tons of time and money. Just like Shopify does.

But in the real world you learn to take 3000% advantage of the good things and minimize the bad things. It'd have to be something way more significant for me to leave Shopify at this point, and if I did, I'd go back to running my own installations again and do it right. I don't think there's any managed service that comes close to Shopify and what it does. But, again, Shopify knows this and probably is part-and-parcel of why they don't care. I'd hate to work for Shopify, I wouldn't sleep at night.

0 Likes
Excursionist
93 0 6

It’d have to be something way more significant for me to leave Shopify

I agree. And it’s precisely why Shopify never fixes stuff like this.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Well, by and large, I've been happy with Shopify.

But now, it's 4 or 5 issues that really should have been fixed years ago (that &?%#? billing in USD, no return label option (only in the US!), the lightning swipe being $120 vs $9 for the phone jack swipe, the fact that items reserved in a draft order still show up in inventory, and now this). Plus the Shopify POS app is NOT user friendly. 

This "refunded/cancelled showing as unfulfilled" is a major annoyance.

I'd say I'm starting to veer towards "look for alternate e-shop providers".

0 Likes