Refunded or Canceled orders showing as Unfulfilled

1 0 0

+1 to this thread! As small business owners and managers, we know that if our customer has an issue with something we're providing, the issue isn't our customer - it's our product or how we're communicating or characterizing it.

Shopify, it doesn't matter how this feature is intended to be used. What matters is how your customer is actually using the feature. The "orders to be fulfilled" feature is used as a to-do list by Shopify users, and it needs to function that way. It is your responsibility as a software provider to adapt your product to how it is being used, not to tell us about complex, imperfect workarounds we can try to employ to get around the "features" you've built in to your software.

I can't help but think that there is some reason they are incapable of fixing this and they're just making excuses... because it truly seems simple and logical to fix it with one of several great strategies suggested above.

0 Likes
1 0 0

+1 Signed up just to comment on this as well. I'm pretty tired of having a red #2 notification on my phone when I don't have any new orders to fulfill. I've tried every combination of fufill/unfufill/archive/cancel that I can think of and they're still there. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'll add my name to this list. I thought it was only my OCD making those "unfulfilled" orders scream at me everytime I open up the app. 

Really there needs to be an order status that reads "complete". The only orders that should be unfufilled are orders that still have items that need to ship. That is the definition of unfulfilled. 

For our sanity - PLEASE get this fixed. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Going to add that this is really frustrating. To top it off, when I see order history as a customer, it still shows as unfilled - it should say cancelled to them. Otherwise they'll always wonder what happened to their order years later!

0 Likes
Tourist
36 0 3

Found this thread when searching for a solution. I'll jump onboard as well. This is a pretty basic thing. You see number xx open orders online, and you want that to match the number of open orders on your prep table IRL. Simple thing. To have it constantly be different is a giant PITA and something that can potentially cause mistakes. Not sure why it's so hard to change. Sometimes I swear they deliberately shortchange on basic functions, just to create excuses to make apps.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
129 0 22

For the love of God, could you you guys just get his sorted?

In a world of alerts, notifications and badges, seeing 5 unfulfilled orders EVERY TIME we use Shopify is much more than a minor annoyance.

There are so many threads on this stupid problem, dating back years. It's embarrassing.

0 Likes
1 0 0

New to Shopify and experiencing the very same problem!  Found this thread from 2016 and see that it is still not resolved. 

Is there actually any support for Shopify/ does anyone actually read and try to resolve issues? 

0 Likes
1 0 0

The way to have this resolved is to open a support chat every day and demand this issue be escalated. If we all do this every day, they will fix it. They haven't looked at this thread for years.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I just read 8 pages of comments spanning 3 years. Is a fix for this in development?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
129 0 22

@HaleDist wrote:

I just read 8 pages of comments spanning 3 years. Is a fix for this in development?

Who knows. I even found and collated 70+ people who'd complained and grouped them into a single request, plus Twitter requests. All we get are very polite, talk-to-the-hand responses (thank your for sharing, we appreciate your voice etc).

A cancelled order doesn't require fulfilling, there's no argument. You'd think an e-com company would take more of a leadership role and fix it out of pride, if for nothing else. But everything is 'design by committee' these days, and there aren't enough people on our committee it seems. There are a few silly and equally basic issues with their POS app as well.

We're actively looking and testing alternative platforms, we don't have a big product catalogue so it's easy for us to switch. Such a shame, it's all so silly.

0 Likes