Refunded order still partially fulfilled

SFREG711
1 0 0

Hi. I'm having trouble with partially fulfilled orders. I can archive them, but the main issue is that they still show as unfulfilled at a quick glance from the top of the order screen and the app. I use the app so i know when orders are in. This seems like something that's only going to get more annoying over time. Is there another fix or one coming?

Thank you for your attention.

0 Likes
greiseve
Explorer
52 1 24

hi there,

YES this is getting more confusing and frustrating... especially since this is a relatively easy fix that Shopify could take care of.

sorry that you're in this boat now as well! 

GigiSales
Tourist
4 0 0

Having been dealing with the issue for many years and find it very frustrating and confusing for our shipping team. This should be a very easy Shopify fix.

0 Likes
dotdev-xxx
Tourist
11 0 6

I think I have a simple solution for marking partially refunded and partially fulfilled orders as fulfilled.

This is only for orders which are logically "complete" where all line items are either fulfilled, returned, refunded or similar.

1. Cancel an existing fulfillment
  2. Recreate the cancelled fulfillment

The order should be now marked as fulfilled

It seems like the issue is with how an orders fulfillment status is evaluated and what events cause it to be evaluated.

Shopify to recreate this situation, create an order with two or more line items, fulfill some of them and refund the rest of them, this will create a partially refunded and partially fulfilled order, then follow the process above and the order will be marked as fulfilled (even though the facts of the order didn't change.)

partially refunded and partially fulfilledpartially refunded and partially fulfilledcancel fulfillmentcancel fulfillmentrecreate fulfillmentrecreate fulfillment

0 Likes
jess116
1 0 0

I have also been getting frustrated by this. I have just switched to shopify after 13 years having a shop on Joomla and I have never seen such disregard for customers with Joomla or any of the associated plugins i used for joomla. Free + cheap plugins, excellent menus... (none of this "collection" nonsense..) and with great support.... trying to remember why i decided to change to shopify    Fix this, this is very expensive software compared to other options out there and stupid things like this need to be dealt with more professionally. Shame shame, super lame..

0 Likes
EricVH
1 0 0

Issue identified in January 2016.  Its now January 2021 now and not resolved despite many people stating it is an issue on this and other threads.  Very basic functionality - even if it was an admin manual override. 

Link to a much larger thread on this - https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Refunded-or-Canceled-orders-showing-as... 

currently 31 pages long.

0 Likes