Refunding Shopify Payments

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi team,

Im a newbie to shopify and im from srilanka where shopify payments are not allowed , As a mistake I have enabled shopify payments in my site and 2 cx s has paid via that , is it possible me to refund them ? or transfer the money via paypal to me 

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

Hi @ShanakaWicky,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

As you have signed up for a Shopify Payments US account, it's not possible to transfer the funds for the orders unless you have a US bank account. The account would need to be from a physical bank in the US and not an online account such as Payoneer. At the moment if you don't have a US account, it would be best to not fulfil the orders and refund the customer. You could then create a draft order as shown here. Once created, I'd recommend reaching out to the customer advising them that there was a problem with the payment and you had to refund their order. You can then link them the draft order you've created as mentioned in the guide so they can repurchase the product if they would like. 

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but this would be the best solution if you are unable to submit a US account for Shopify Payments. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help.

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes