Refunding Subscription for store that I never used

Highlighted
2 0 0

Good day,
Well I have played with Shopify and I have created store but I've never payed subscription because I did not want to continue using it, I did not have enough on that credit card so it did not charge me for past few months but now it charged my bank account for over 70$, can you please do something to refund me this, I will close that store immediately if that is required, you can check that I did not use it at all, I am student and I require those funds.

Thank you,
Best Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1037 87 116

Hi @NikolaP,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query!

I'm sorry to hear that you would like to close the store. How have you found the platform so far? 

While I can not promise a refund without taking a look at everything in full, we can not consider the possibility unless the store is closed. If the store is still active, I would recommend closing the store as mentioned in this guide. It's also possible to pause the account as mentioned in the same guide if you would prefer. 

Before closing the account, you can duplicate your store's data to a device such as your desktop as mentioned here. This is handy to have on file just in case you need it again in the future, as data may be lost after 30 days of closure. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hye Ted,

Well the problem is that I realized that one of my apps actually charged me for all those months, so I got in contact with them and he contacted Shopify and I guess I am in process of refunding. But as they required me to actually screenshot and also uninstall/delete their app and send them proof I had to pick Basic Plan for Shopify because, when problem occurred and I posted this topic, I've immediately Paused my store, and then I could not access it to actually take pictures for them and prove that I have not used it, they approved my pictures after that but problem is that I had to pick Basic Plan so I got charged 29$ to actually "save" those 70, but I wont use this month shopify, so I willing to close my store and prove to you if you are willing to do refund for me pls, for this month that I had to actually pay to access my admin settings and see billings.

Thank you,
Best Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1037 87 116

Hi @NikolaP,

Thanks for letting me know! I've sent an email to you privately so I can help authenticate the account and take a closer look into this with you. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ted 

hi, I started the store as a trial but yet I must of either selected the wrong subscription or I’m not sure, I’m only in my teens and wanted to start for a bit of fun and have a little play around with it, now I have a payment on my account and I can’t afford it as I’m only young, I only thought I was using a free trail and once it’s over, it cuts my website of, this is stressing me out as I don’t know what to do, and I only thought it was free, I’m so sorry for the inconvenience 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1037 87 116

Hi @Elongated33,

Thanks for letting me know! Have you closed the account as mentioned in my first reply above? If so, I can take a closer look into this with you straight away. 

Many thanks, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

hi Ted 

i just closed the account 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1037 87 116

Hi @Elongated33,

Thanks for letting me know! I've emailed you there privately with some more info if you could take a peek. 

Have a great day! 

0 Likes