Refunding after getting billed for pausing my store

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello there,

In the folloding thread (https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/refund-after-getting-billed-shopify-pl...) the refunds were being triggered for those who forgot to cancel their 14 day trials even though they agreed to terms and they could get charged after that time.

I have a similar situation. I intended to close my store when I got back rom my vacation so I paused in roughly a month ago. I forgot to close it and got charged 14$. Is there any way I could get a refund? The livechat couldn't help insisting that I can't get refund and that's that. The link to that page I sent in the chat didn't appeal to him as he said that couldn't tell the circumstances to those cases. I have a screenshot of that conversation.

Please explain the situation and clarify if I have any right to get a refund, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

This is an accepted solution.

@kzkmr1 

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience while chatting in with our support. While I don't know the full context of why they provided that answer, I can give some insight into when we're able to provide a refund. Our systems will charge in UTC, which can explain why you see a charge sooner than expected. Refunds can be processed for stores that have been closed within 72 hours of the invoice generating. 

When you chatted in with Shopify support, was your store fully closed? If not, then we will need you to close the store before a refund request can be considered. To do this, you'll need to login and navigate to Settings/Plans and Permissions then select "Close Store" at the bottom of the page. This will put you through the prompts to close the store and remove you from active billing. We also have a handy help doc here that outlines these steps. 

If you can double-check to make sure your store is closed, then reply here with an update, then I can reach out to you via email to review the refund request along with reviewing your support interaction so appropriate coaching can be provided. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello @Peter ,

Thank you for the prompt answer! I closed my store, can you reach me via email or do we discuss it here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@kzkmr1 

Thank you for the prompt reply! We will need to move this to email to ensure the safety of your account. I've sent you an email to the email listed on your account. If you can reply there, then I can get your refund request reviewed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi I had intended to close my store the day before getting billed but it seems I was billed early. The billing invoice was less than 24 hours ago. Would it be possible to get refunded for yesterdays billing invoice if I were to close my store today. I can close it immediately after getting a response. My email is 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@yourcosmicstone 

I've replied to your post on another thread and have sent you an email. For security reasons, I have removed your email from your previous reply. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hello, Future Viewers!

The Shopify Community is not a regularly monitored channel. If you've closed your store within 72 hours of the invoice generating and are requesting a refund, then it would be best to reach out to our 24/7 Live Support via phone, chat, or social media (Twitter & Facebook). Reaching out to our live support will ensure our teams can review your issue and provide a refund so long as your account is eligible. Reaching out to our support will provide a better user experience for you while ensuring your question is reviewed as soon as possible. Due to this, I will be closing the forum post for all future replies. 

0 Likes