Refunds? How long will it take for a customer to get their money back?

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello

Someone has paid by Visa and I have refunded the order. How long will it be till she gets the money back?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
166 0 33

Hi Rachel,

Phil from the Shopify Support team here. That's a great question!

When you issue a refund on Shopify's end within the admin, we send the refund immediately, but the customers bank will take some time to actually process it. This is entirely dependant on their bank. For example, have you ever gone and requested a refund before on your credit card, usually there is a several day waiting period before the money appears back onto you statement. It's usually around 3-5 days. Similar to paying off your own credit card balance. Your customer can find out exactly how long a refund should take to show up in their bank account by contacting their bank and you can safely tell your customer that the refund has been sent. 

Hope that helps!

Phil

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a customer who I refunded on 5-2-2020. The refund payout from Shopify was on the fourth. As of 5-10-2020 she still has not received her refund?

Uncle Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am having a similar situation to Uncle Dan and would love to be able to provide my customer with more concrete understanding of when they should see their refund on their credit card statement.  A few days seems reasonable but it's been nearly a week. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I got same problem too,
Customer purchased on April 27th i do refund at that days got deducted at Apr29th
And she Still not get any money until now May 14th 2020
I just advised her go to her bank and report this problem and try get her money back
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

A digital bank api transmits by 12 noon the following day. Anything longer means Spotify is holding it.

i purchased from a store and it has been 9 days with no refund of an item not in stock and cancelled by the store for refund the same day within 3 hours. Spotify has the dishonest gull. To not remove the pending and charge my card the full amount that clears the following day for $1738. The store shows me the shopifybwcredn of the cancelled order. Yet it has been 9 days and Shopify has basically committed fraud. 

if not there Monday, my court will push and order that will include fees and interest for the case and become a lawsuit. My bank confirmed no refund was submitted the the federal credit union for Johnson space center.

you guys better get you act in check and fast. 

0 Likes