Regarding payments

avi10
3 0 0

I am not able to  make a purchase on my store. It says the account does not allow cross border transactions.

I have added stripe in my store.

Its asks me to enable international transactions from stripe, but its already enabled.

What to do?

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi there @avi10!

Don here from Shopify.

Would you be able to share an image of the error message you mentioned here, so we can take a look at this with you?

As Stripe is a third-party gateway, managed externally to Shopify, there might not be much we can do to resolve this for you, but we will ensure we get you pointed in the right direction for support.

Would you have set up your Stripe account with the same country info as your Shopify store?

If so, would it possibly be the case that your card is restricted from purchasing internationally, rather than the gateway itself?

I had a look through Stripe's support knowledgebase, but the only reference I could find so far there to cross-border payments is about restrictions on the card used, rather than from the gateway itself.

Let us know as much as you can about the situation, so we can best direct our efforts here.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
avi10
3 0 0

Hi, 

I had a talk with stripe and they said they don't allow to accept international payments in my country.

So will have to look for new payment gateway.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi again @avi10!

Don from Shopify once more.

Thanks for checking that out with Stripe and thanks for letting us know the situation.

If you can let us know in which country your store is based, we can share a list of the gateway options available to you there to help you to find a suitable solution.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
avi10
3 0 0

Hi, 

I am based in India.

0 Likes