Regarding paypal payment error "unable to process payment at this time, return to the merchant"

Solved
riyaan9
Tourist
8 0 1

still facing the same issue........(We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to the merchant and try using a different payment method.) Did anyone find the solution

0 Likes
riyaan9
Tourist
8 0 1

still facing the same issue........(We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to the merchant and try using a different payment method.) Did anyone find the solution

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1978 144 423

Hey, @riyaan9!

When reaching out to Paypal Support, did they mention what was causing the issue? If there's something on our side that we can do to help, let me know!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
riyaan9
Tourist
8 0 1

PayPal asked me to upload some KYC documents. I uploaded all and now they replied that now my account can accept international payments. But I am not sure about that as I don't have any international friends that can do a transaction in my store.

Peter if you from outside my country i.e India than can you please do a transaction in my store, so that I would be confirm that my PayPal checkout is running well. 

Please put a discount code "99" to avail 99% off on order. I will return any amount you spend.

Click here ---->>>

https://exaltisland.com/collections/best-selling-products/products/adorable-cats-phone-stand

If you don't mind, please sends some screenshots also.

reply soon, I will be waiting.

0 Likes
riyaan9
Tourist
8 0 1

PayPal asked me to upload some KYC documents. I uploaded all and now they replied that now my account can accept international payments. But I am not sure about that as I don't have any international friends that can do a transaction in my store.

Peter if you from outside my country i.e India than can you please do a transaction in my store, so that I would be confirm that my PayPal checkout is running well. 

Please put a discount code "99" to avail 99% off on order. I will return any amount you spend.

Click here ---->>>

https://exaltisland.com/collections/best-selling-products/products/adorable-cats-phone-stand

If you don't mind, please sends some screenshots also.

reply soon, I will be waiting.

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1978 144 423

Testing your checkout, I wasn't greeted with an error when trying to process a payment through Paypal: 

01-48-fw2zz-kpwl9

I didn't fully process the payment, as this isn't something I'd be able to for testing purposes, however, as far as I can see, there wouldn't be a reason why an error would appear for international orders. Should an issue arise, then this would be something Paypal support can help troubleshoot. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

suraj10993
4 0 0
Hi riyaan,

Same issue happened with me but it's fixed now.

This is actually not any issue.

According to PayPal if buyer and seller are from same country, they can't accept any payment other than their local currency.

I am from India and was asking from my friends for testing. I had USD as my base currency but my friends were supposed to pay in ₹. Also Shopify has limitation that it can't change currency at checkout, it will keep it similar to your base currency. So my friends (from India) were supposed to pay in ₹ but because of these rules, they were also getting exactly same error.

But then I got two sales from United States. While this issue was going on which confirmed me this that it's just issue with base currency that I have for my USA Customers.

If you still face some issue, and you believe it's similar issue, feel free to get in touch with me on Facebook.com/surajsingh0908

I would be happy to help further.
0 Likes
Najmus
3 0 0

Hi,
I'm facing the same issue here with Paypal. 

0 Likes
denisolegovich8
2 0 0

I have similar problem anyone solved this problem, answer, please, and as? writes also, we can not process payments, return to the seller

0 Likes
AnishP
21 0 0
It’s a complete waste of time to integrate PayPal India if your base currency and payment currency is different.

PayPal is misguiding sellers promising support for international payments. In reality say your site is in INR and your client is trying to pay with a USD card through PayPal it will not work.

The integration between PayPal India and Shopify is totally botched up.

Shopify team blames PayPal and PayPal team blames Shopify (saying Shopify doesn’t do the conversion automatically).

Avoid PayPal and just use a payment provider which supports international payments natively.
0 Likes