Regarding paypal payment error ;unable to process payment at this time, return to the merchant

Highlighted
8 0 0
Regarding paypal payment error "unable to process payment at this time, return to the merchant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hey, @gervacio_arnold!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Are you using the same Paypal account that you have enabled in Settings/Payment Providers to complete the transaction? If yes, then this would be why you're seeing this error as Paypal doesn't allow users to use the same account to both send and accept funds for an order.

If this is not what you are doing, then it would be best to reach out to PayPal support directly as they'd be able to help further with diagnosing the issue to help get that fixed up! As it is a third party gateway, we are not able to access the dashboard or anything to see what is going on so PayPal will have a lot more insight than us.

Let me know how that goes for you and if there is anything I can help with regarding Shopify then let me know.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi Lulu,

I tried using other paypal account but still the same issue but when is bothering me is in single purchase directly express checkout via paypal, it processed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Did you contact Paypal support regarding this issue? 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Don't forget to check out our Shopify Academy, we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here!

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes