Regarding shopify plans

Excursionist
21 0 2

So, turns out that after undergoing rigorous preparation for starting my Shopify store- I came to know that Shopify won't accept a debit card for the payment of shopify plans. I somehow have to get a credit card for a business which I have just set up- and because it being a new account, a  credit card wont be issued. My question however is that the credit card with which I pay for shopify plans- Does it have to be of the same account in which I am going to accept payments from my customers ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
440 23 63
Hi, there. 

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

To provide a bit of clarification, the Payment Gateway, which is what you use to accept payments from your customers, isn't actually connected to the method of payment that you use to pay for a Shopify plan. For Shopify, you pay with a credit card, but if you're using Shopify Payments then you just connect a bank account where the money is deposited directly. 

Basically, your customers pay you, then the money for a set period of days is grouped together as a payout, and then after the necessary processing time for your country, it'll be deposited into your bank account. What country are you located in? If you let me know where you're located I can let you know the payment gateway options in your area and I can also let you know the processing time for payouts. 

When it comes to setting up these different options you'll need to go to your Store Admin and click Settings > Payment Gateways to set up the payment gateway to accept money from your customers. For choosing a plan you'll need to either go to Settings > Account > Compare Plans, or if you're account has been frozen after the trial you can just try and log in and you'll be prompted right away. Does this all make sense? 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes