Regional Support: Payments (India)

Vora
1 0 0

Is Advanced Cash On Delivery feature is also available for Basic Plan? 

Please guide us how we can have different shipping charge for prepaid and COD orders being in Basic plan.

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
853 74 214

Hi @MelRoy,

Okay, I see. Thank you for sharing this with me. It sounds from Jaimie's email that the issue you've experienced is a known one that is currently being looked into, but currently has no ETA in terms of a resolution. I understand that this is frustrating, but this can happen with some aspects of the Shopify platform (including its apps) and may take some time to resolve. You can always contact our support team again via our Help Center and ask them if there are any further updates to your ticket they can provide.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
853 74 214

Hi @rankish3,

Thank you for sharing that screenshot—can you confirm if you are using the Advanced Cash on Delivery app, or do you just have cash on delivery enabled as a manual payment method on your store?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
MelRoy
6 0 0
8 months to solve such a simple issue is some time? Are you even serious?
Do you guys realize the number of losses you guys have individually put my
business through? Sadly enough, you guys haven't even bothered to offer any
alternatives. I inquired about setting up a new Shopify store but the team
couldn't even guide me through the process. How do we export our customer
data and other stuff? Such a disappointing experience after being a Shopify
merchant for over 5 years.
0 Likes
Lan123
6 0 0

Hi, how can we add additional indian payments? such as UPI, paytm and etc. listed under https://www.shopify.in/payment-gateways?shpxid=f7967ca2-08D2-413B-DADA-8E4AC5577A12
Under "Setting"->"Payment",i couldn't find them under "third party providers" or "alternative payment methods"

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 89 168

Hi, @Lan123 

I'm able to see PayTM and PayU on my side for shops in India so we may need to take a closer look at your account. 

For good measure, can you please send me a screenshot of what appears when you go to Settings > Payments > Alternative Payments and search "Pay"? 

Thanks!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
Lan123
6 0 0

hi Elle, thanks for getting back to me, very much appreciated! Here's the screenshot. I'm not seeing the payment method, is it because the business location is in HK? Despite the business location itself, we are serving customers worldwide with digital services. Please help, this is critical to us.

Lan123_0-1614912676747.png

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 89 168

Hi, @Lan123 

Yes, the payment options you see are the payment gateways available to you in your region. 

Payment providers available in India may not be supported in HK. 

As long as you have a credit card gateway enabled on your store, customers from all over the world will be able to check out on your site. If you would like to offer additional payment methods for customers without credit cards such as manual payment methods, you can do so; however, you will not be able to integrate with providers not supported in your businesses' region. 

I hope this helps clear things up! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
banterkitchen
1 0 0

Hi ,

Can someone help me with setting up subscription app for my store?

Every app i try says that I need to enable shopify payments as my payment gateway, but when I checked, shopify payments is not available in India. Does that mean that I can't use subscriptions or is there any other way to implement this? I use Payu Payment gateway.

Thank you

0 Likes
Lan123
6 0 0

Yes, we do intend to integrate credit card, however as you might know, people in many developing countries don't really use credit cards. India is one of the example, and that's why we are looking to add local payments... Despite we are based in HK, we are providing digital services which customers from all over the world can use it despite the location. Why I'm not able to see those payment methods though? Are there any other way of doing it?

0 Likes