Regional Support: Payments (India)

SabiraAlam
1 0 0

Is there any way to add a discount coupon for prepaid orders? To divert COD customers towards PPD. 

0 Likes
Mayank_Mittal
1 0 0

Hi Victor, I want to use understand how are third party providers and alternative payment methods different from each other?

For e.g. cashfree is a third party provider and Razorpay is an alternative payment method in India. Do i have to pay transaction fee which varies between 2% and .5% as per plans for both these payment providers?

I know that i have to pay transcaction fee for using cashfree as it is a third party provider but does that imply on Razorpay as well? It is categorized as an alternative payment method and i cannot find anywhere mentioned that i have to pay transaction fee for using any alternative payment method.

Also, please tell if there is any solution to avoid transaction fees in India. Because i do not think shopify payments is available in India and it seems like it is the only payment solution to avoid transaction fees.

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @SabiraAlam,

It is not possible to create a discount code only available to those who choose pre-paid options, but you can add on an additional fee for customers who choose to pay via Cash on Delivery. This can be done via the Advanced Cash on Delivery app, available for free for Shopify merchants based in India. You can read more about setting this up here.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @Mayank_Mittal,

Thank you for getting in touch. Third-party gateways are those which are primarily used to process standard credit card transactions, whereas alternative payment gateways allow for other types of payments to be processed (such as cryptocurrencies). Usages of either would incur transaction fees, although manual payments are exempt from these charges. Examples of manual payment methods include cash on delivery and bank deposits.

I hope this explains things but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
RajdipsinhRana
1 0 0
we don't have shopify payment in india so we have to choose other third party payment providers. than we also have to pay payment fees 2%(for basic plan) to shopify?
0 Likes
Zoe14
6 0 0

Unable to authorize $39.98 USD on PayPal Express Checkout.

Hi, please help me! I don't know it's my problem or customers'.

Zoe14_0-1623810089239.png

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @RajdipsinhRana,

Yes, that's correct. Shopify Payments is not available in India so if you wish to process credit card payments you would need to use a third-party gateway, which are subject to transaction fees. On the Basic plan those transaction fees are 2% per order, as listed on our pricing page for India. You can find a list of payment gateways available to merchants in India here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @Zoe14,

Have you seen multiple issues of this in your store? You can refer to the abandoned checkouts section of your Shopify admin to see if other customers have had PayPal issues at checkout. If not, it's more likely to be an issue on the customer's end. If you want to be sure of this, I would recommend speaking to PayPal directly as they can offer more insight any failed attempts to process a payment via their gateway.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Youvraj
1 0 0

Your order from KITCHENTOOLS.CO.IN has been shipped.

Hi Youvraj , thanks for your purchase of Rs. 249.00 from KITCHENTOOLS.CO.IN! We'll notify you when it ships. View order (#1033): https://kitchentools-co-in.myshopify.com/58613956783/orders/2a5fa2b5d67070dd5f35f217381f10cc/authent...

How my self track my order or refund if any difficulty on your side

0 Likes