Regional Support: Payments (India)

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
833 53 139

You're very welcome, @vssc!

Yes - transaction fees are charged in addition to the credit card rate you will pay to the payment provider. You will see transaction fees appear your monthly Shopify invoices. You can learn more about transaction fees here

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Elle,

Oh. So in a nutshell, I can either stay stuck with reporting that won't take into account refunds / returns or I can pay Shopify an extra 2%  (on top of my monthly subscription) to make sure refunds reflect properly.  I hope you do realise why this doesn't quite go down well. 

I'm also now discovering the product exchange process is anything but straightforward and requires refunding and  then asking a customer to place a fresh order.

Thanks for your help, though. Appreciate you taking out the time to help me here. But must say I am extremely disappointed with Shopify - basic features which you'd expect to be baked in require paid apps, and it's anything but straightforward. Will manage I suppose, at least till we can pay a developer to move us to a better platform, one that includes basic features as part of the main subscription.

cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
833 53 139

Hi, @vssc 

No problem, I'm more than happy to help! 

Transaction fees would be charged for orders processed through the Razorpay gateway as well. 

If you don't use Shopify Payments or a manual payment method, then transaction fees apply for orders in addition to the processing fee charged by your payment provider. Also, transaction fees don't apply for manual payment methods, which include cash on delivery (COD), bank deposits, checks, test orders, and draft orders marked as paid or pending. Transaction fees don't apply for POS orders.

In regards to returns, the customer does not need to place a new order. You can follow the steps outlined here to edit an order. Hope this helps! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Victor,

I have the same issue with USD.  Tried everything but payments do not go through for international customers.  Payapl confirms international payments is active.  Please advise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 54 152

Hi @rohan-ranadive,

Thank you for reaching out about this. Can you tell me more about this issue please, and how many instances of this you have seen? Do you have USD set as the default currency on your store, or INR? Is this something customers have reached out to you directly about?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

0 Likes