Regional Support: Payments (UK)

Highlighted

Hi Peter @PJay 

My name is Lynn from Oceanpayment - Shopify official payment services providers 
There is very simple logic here, as your settlement currency is different from your customer's currency. So it a decision you need to make between either you will be responsible for the loss caused by conversation or your customer will be the one who responsible for it. 

Hope this will help! 

Shopify official payment provider
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 7

Hi there, the problem i'm having is that I want customers to pay offline only due to the nature of the business but "Payment gateway This payment method isn’t available on the store right now" appears when I try to complete a test order. I do not have a final price until I have completed the order so I only provide Approximate prices so I cannot charge people when they first make an order. Only when I have fulfilled the order.

so my question is how can I get a customer to place an order without making payment and when I do make payment it would be offline only such as Cash On Delivery.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
422 39 114

Hey @Harts,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. To clarify, are you wanting customers to be able to checkout and place an order without paying at the time, or knowing the final price? Would this apply to all products on the store?

This may be possible but would require a few things to be done. First, you'd need your messaging to be clear—customers would need to know that whilst they are placing an order with you, they are not paying at the time of checkout, and that they will be receiving an invoice from you in future where they will be required to pay for the order (which may include products with different pricing levels than what is advertised on the site). You could accept orders by enabling a manual payment method on the store, meaning customers can complete checkout without having to enter in a credit card or pay with any other viable method of payment. You could then email them an invoice for a draft order you create with the revised prices.

The issue with this is that you would then need a different gateway to accept actual payments from customers, unless this was done outside of Shopify. An easier option here may be to offer some sort of contact option where customers can reach out and inform you of their desired order, as opposed to having them checkout to do this—was this something you had considered? If you could also explain a little more what sort of products you are selling and why revising prices is vital, I'd be happy to offer more tailored advice if possible.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 7

Hi Victor,

Sorry I have only just seen your message.

I have done everything you have mentioned and works perfectly with a couple of tweaks. The business is butchery so they cannot cut everything to the exact gram for their customers and weights will vary a little thus approximate pricing. 

Thank you for your help:)

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
422 39 114

Hi @Harts,

Fantastic, I'm glad to hear you've worked something out. If you've any further questions please let me know!

Kind regards,

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi. I'm new to Shopify. I've just set up Shopify Payments which has been embedded into my existing website using the Buy Button. Everything appears to be working fine. My question is around payments. I've just put through a small Visa payment to test that everything is working before putting the webpage out live. I can see in my own personal bank account that the amount has gone out (£0.80) on Friday 24th April. I've been looking at the business bank account to see if an amount has been deposited but nothing has appeared yet (Thursday 30th April). In the View Payouts section of Shopify Payments I can see the transaction I made on the 23rd. It says the Payout Status is 'Pending' and in the Payout Date column April 28th. Should the payment I made have gone through into my business bank account by now? If so, is there something in the Shopify Payments setup that I haven't done correctly? Any help much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
422 39 114

Hi @Gartmor,

First of all, welcome to Shopify! Thank you for reaching out with your question.

The pay period for Shopify Payments in the UK is 3 business days, meaning this is when the payments should have been processed on Shopify's end and sent to your bank. There can sometimes then be a slight delay on the bank's end of depositing the funds in your account, although usually this is less than a day or two. Given that you processed this order last Friday, that business day wait period would have only begun this week, and I would presume you'd see the funds in your account sometime today or tomorrow. The "pending" status should change to "paid" when the payout has been processed on Shopify's end, and if the set up was incorrect, the payout's status would likely be "failed" rather than "pending".

I would say it's likely that you'll see the money in your account by tomorrow, but if you still haven't please let me know here or contact our support team. If there has been an issue we'll be able to take a look at it and investigate in more detail.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Victor

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid the payment still hasn't made it to our business bank account. Payout Status is still Pending. Could you look into it please? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
422 39 114

Hi @Gartmor,

Sure thing. I'll be sending you an email shortly to the email address linked to your Forums profile—please look out for that and get back to me there.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Dear Sir

I have owned a UK Limited Company and have a store which sells in Different currencies.

Currently, I have configured Shopify Payment with Transferwise bank. I would like to know in this case Can Shopify Payment transfer money to my Tansferwise account or I need some other bank to be integrated with Shopify Payment?

0 Likes