Regional Support: Payments (UK)

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

A customer has said she was charged twice for an order( €204.95 which was correct, and then €200 which shouldn't have been charged), but only one payment appears in my Paypal account. Is there anyway this can be looked into so I can tell the customer where her €200 is?

Many thanks,

Claire

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 45 132

Hi @skyedyebycj,

Did the customer provide a screenshot or any evidence of the €200 transaction? Do you see multiple orders in the Shopify admin, or anything in the abandoned checkouts section under the customer's name? If the customer is reporting that both charges appeared on their PayPal statement, I'd recommend asking them for a screenshot/ photo of the charges and then speaking with PayPal directly as the payment would have been processed through their gateway.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
She showed a screenshot of her bank account and there are two transactions,
the €204 and the €200. But when I checked my PayPal account which it was
paid into there is only a €204 payment.
There is nothing in shopify in terms of abandoned checkouts etc that might
have caused it.

Thanks
Claire
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 45 132

Hi @skyedyebycj,

Okay, thank you for confirming that. I presume in this case they paid with their own PayPal account? Do you know if they see a record of the second transaction appearing there?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I need some clarification  on what banks I can use? I'm looking at Starling or Anna which are services suitated in the UK and both accept  FPS. The only thing is they are not like traditional banks which have a bricks and mortar presence. Are the likes of Starling/Anna accepted for Shopify payments? 

Thanks

MrK1

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 45 132

Hi @MrK1,

Thank you for reaching out with this question. You would need to provide a valid chequing/ current account opened with a banking institution that has a physical presence in the United Kingdom, which would exclude virtual banks that don't have traditional brick and mortar branches in the UK. It's possible that an account opened with one of these virtual banks may initially be accepted during set-up, but you'd likely have issues further down the road and we therefore advise against using these types of bank accounts.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am new here and trying to figure everything out.

i will start with print demand. Will the products be posting from uk or usa ? i will use printify. They show only $ is there any way to change it to £ 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hello so my account was charged today  i was planning to close the store at 12pm since i had no sales and i was just testing my first store ever to learn i was not planning on buying a plan when i came back i was shocked my bank account was billed of the plan that i did not want. i can't just lose that money knowing im a student and i really need it. I have closed my store now and looking can I get a refund on my subscription ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 45 132

Hi @ESRA,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. This totally depends on which print-on-demand service you are using, and where there products are located. They have have a warehouse in a single location or potentially numerous ones you can choose from. Judging by Printify's app page, however, it looks like they have a wide variety of locations you can use:

A comprehensive network of Print Providers for faster fulfillment, with more than 90 locations to choose from, including the US, UK, China, Australia, Germany, the Czech Republic, and many others.

My recommendation would be contact Printify directly if you have further questions and their fulfilment locations. They can be reached at merchantsupport@printify.com.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 45 132

Hi @Tadhgoc2,

Thank you for reaching out. I will need to authenticate you to take a closer look at this so will be sending you an email shortly to discuss this with you. Please look out for that and get back to me there.

Kind regards,

0 Likes