Regional Support: Payments (UK)

ibzlondon
2 0 0

i have the same problem have you found a solution?

0 Likes
RobertW
2 0 0

Are you using Windcave? If so then the gateway is PSD2 ready

0 Likes
ibzlondon
2 0 0

no im not, ive never heard of this, not sure what it is ill look it up. thanks!

im glad to hear theres a solution

0 Likes
Bettieandben
4 0 0

Hello, I have closed down my business and I am going through outstanding orders and returning some of them as I’m now unable to fulfill them. 

I am a bit confused about Refunding orders that have been made by card and therefore been paid to me through Shopify Payout. 

On those orders, it says the the refund has been issued and my Shopify dashboard is now showing a negative balance. It says that the amount will be deducted from my next Shopify Payout. 
However I won’t be receiving any more Payouts, as I haven’t been taking orders since the beginning of December. 

The bank account that my Shopify Payout is linked to also has no funds in it (as I no longer use it, although do still have access to it)

Dors this mean that the refunds will fail? Do I need to add funds to the bank account that it’s linked to, in order for the refund to be processed/go through? 

I really don’t want to end up with any charges...! 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @Bettieandben,

Thank you for getting in touch. If your store is open and you are able to process the refund from the Orders page, and you do not receive an error, then the refund has likely processed without issue. You can check the individual order's timeline to see that the refund has been processed, and you should see the funds taken from either any outstanding Shopify payout balance that you have, or your bank account.

If you're still unsure, please let me know and I'd be happy to take a closer look.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Bettieandben
4 0 0

Hi Victor, my store has been closed since the beginning of December. So I no longer receive weekly Shopify Payouts, that the refunded orders can be deducted from. 

I have now paid money into the bank account that my Shopify Payouts used to be linked to - so I assume the refunded amounts will just be taken from that bank account?

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @Bettieandben,

Okay, I see. To clarify, did you refund the orders before you closed the store?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Bettieandben
4 0 0

No, my Shopify store is currently in Paise & Build mode and has been since the beginning of December. I did this so that nobody could access my store or place any more orders, but I could still access and fulfill my outstanding orders. 

so my store has been on Pause & Build mode since the beginning of December, with no orders taken since then, and I have only refunded these orders within the last few days. 

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @Bettieandben,

Okay, I see. That was a good way to handle the situation. As mentioned, I believe these refunds will likely have been processed if no error was presented, but I can take a look at your store and check for you. I will need to authenticate you on the store first, which I cannot do here, so I will send an email to you. Please look out for that and get back to me there.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Adamdw03
1 0 0

Hi @Victor 

I recently came to realise I was too young to open a store as it came up asking for verification. I saw however you can have your parents act as the account owner. How can I do this, as very soon I will have orders coming through and will need to be able to withdraw the funds to my bank account.

thankyou

0 Likes