Regional Support: Shipping (India)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Learn more about handling shipping and fulfilment while running your Shopify store in India.

This thread is part of the Regional Support threads offered for merchants based in India. To see which other topics are available, you can visit the India hub here.

Merchants based in India can choose to sell their products both domestically and abroad, and Shopify allows you to control where you ship your products and how much you want to charge for shipping. When selling domestically, you can place regions of India into different shipping zones and set appropriate shipping prices:

20-09-b0y9u-u6ykq

For example, if you are based in and shipping from Tamil Nadu, you may wish to offer cheaper shipping rates for neighboring states in comparison to those in the north of the country. By adding these states into different shipping zones, you could, for example, set cheaper shipping rates for customers in Andhra Pradesh and more expensive rates for those in Uttar Pradesh.

There are also a number of apps that can help merchants in India better manage their shipping and fulfillment. Shiprocket is an app built for Indian merchants that allows for the purchasing of shipping labels from numerous couriers, including FedEx, BlueDart, Delhivery, DHL, Gati, and others. Other apps such as Shyplite offer a number of shipping services to Indian merchants, whereas SMS Alerts India can be used to send shipping confirmation messages to your customers.

Along with the examples referenced above, there are a multitude of apps that can help you manage your shipping and delivery within Shopify. You may also wish to consider:

If you have a question or comment to make about managing shipping and delivery on Shopify in India, please post it below.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Replies 41 (41)

AnkitKumar
Tourist
3 0 1

Please add Shiprocket to your list because they are the best shipping partner with amazing support.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @AnkitKumar,

Thank you for the suggestion; I have gone ahead and added Shiprocket as a suggested app for Indian merchants in the main post.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @Victor,

Can you please update the list of shipping apps with our Multi Carrier Shipping Label app? The app allows to integrate different carriers like Delhivery, BlueDart, DHL, and FedEx for Indian merchants, and we already have a lot of Indian merchants using the app to handle the shipping process. 

Adding to the features, the app is GST Compliant for DHL and FedEx India and also supports CSB-V for FedEx.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @PluginHive,

Yes, sure thing—if the app is already serving a number of Indian merchants and offers a variety of different shipping options in India, I'm happy to add it. I'll do so now.

Kind regards,

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Thanks @Victor !

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
AnkitKumar
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you so Much

Debdutto
11 0 0

Hi

I am having an issue with Local Delivery.

Whenever I am creating a draft order, Local Delivery Profile is not showing under Shipping.

"If you're not seeing all your rates, add a customer with a complete shipping address." - This text is showing.

Please help me fix this.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @Debdutto,

Thank you for getting in touch and for sharing that screenshot with me here. Are you using Shopify's own local delivery feature, or one provided by a third-party app? Is this draft order being created so you can send an invoice to a customer and ask for payment?

Kind regards,

Debdutto
11 0 0

Yes when I am creating a draft order and asking customers for payment, After that also Local delivery App is not showing that order.

Debdutto
11 0 0

Hi Victor

Thanx for addressing the solution, I am having an issue with my slideshow, the Heading and Button are showing below image in mobile view but its fine in desktop view.
Please help me.

Debdutto_0-1626434738287.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @Debdutto,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot of your theme issue here. Have you made any changes to your theme's code recently, or installed any apps that affect the storefront? This is often the cause for theme issues. Can you also confirm to me which theme you are using?

Kind regards,

Debdutto
11 0 0

Hi

Thank You for your response.
I am using Empire Theme

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @Debdutto,

Okay, thank you. The Empire theme is a built and developed by a third-party theme developer, so they would offer support for issues related to their theme. You can contact them directly by visiting their support page, or by emailing support+shopify@pixelunion.net

Kind regards,

MayFlower1980
Tourist
7 0 2

Looking for a solution that has a City Based drop down or a selection instead of a pincode. I have a lot of products on my site and I am moving my old PHP to shopify. The only issue is that certain products are available in certain cities only. Currently if you are on my site at the product level. there is a drop down menu of deliverable city, you choose the city, add to cart and checkout. During the checkout, at the shipping address part, City Field will have the city as fixed(what was chosen earlier) so that the customer cannot change it out there. Do you have any solution for this?

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @MayFlower1980,

I do not believe this is possible, unfortunately. The checkout cannot be customized beyond what is available in the theme editor, and being able to lock in the customer's city in the checkout is not something I believe could be done. Some fields can be edited/ removed (e.g. the "Company" field) but the "City" field could not be edited in the manner you're looking for.

I would say that if you already have the option for the customer to select their city on the product page, and this determines whether or not the product is available to them, this should ensure that the majority of orders are done so correctly where the customer is viable. If they change their city at checkout to an unavailable one, you can contact the customer to let them know and cancel and refund the order if need be.

MayFlower1980
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Victor,

Upon searching on forums and implementing some apps, I noticed that this is surely not possible. I hope it is in the near future as its an important feature. 

When you say choose city in the product page, do you mean via pincode or is there any app that allows you to choose a city as a drop down? 

Let me know as I have only found pincode/zipcode apps that let you filter city based products by these methods. 

Thank you once again.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @MayFlower1980,

I do not know of an easy way to do this, but from what you had said prior I had assumed you had found something or had set things up this way. I apologise if I was mistaken. This is something that may be possible via the help of a Shopify Expert but I don't know exactly how it could be done.

Could you tell me why you need to restrict product sales to certain cities only? Do you only offer local delivery or in-store pickup, or limited delivery to cities only?

MayFlower1980
Tourist
7 0 2
Hi. Yes limit to certain cities for certain products. Can be done by zip
code but some customers especially international may not know the zip code
to perfection and could cause abandoned carts. City name is just easier
with the condition being carried forward to thr checkout page. Plus easier
to put names of 100 cities than put down 100000 pincodes right?
Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @MayFlower1980,

Okay, I see. Whilst you may not be able to restrict orders based specifically on a customer's city, there are apps that allow for greater control over where you ship to and can allow you to prevent orders being placed by customers in specific postal codes. I would recommend checking out both Advanced Shipping Rules and Better Shipping as both apps offer this sort of functionality and they should help you allow your products to be bought only by customers in certain locations. Both app pages will include more information on how the apps work and what other features are included.

MayFlower1980
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you Victor. Will test these out as well. Appreciate the assistance.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @MayFlower1980,

No problem at all, I hope they're of use. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Narayanjagwani
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Victor 

i want to Set pincodes (Shipping Postal codes)  which are Serviceable and which are not Serviceable please guide me to do it

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @Narayanjagwani,

If you wish to restrict shipping options based on customers' postal codes, there are a number of third-party apps that allow you to do this. Examples include Easy Shipping Restrictions and Postcode Shipping, which should both work for India, although there are a variety of apps you can choose from on the Shopify App Store.

Kind regards,

RaghavDev22
Tourist
9 0 1

I want to add Delhivery in my Shopify store. I have the basic plan. Which app will be good and that will calculate the shipping price accordingly?

scentfolio
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi Victor,

I have website under development and not published yet. I have installed Delhivery CL app (India specific shipping service provider). While testing the product cart and checkout, I dont see the shipping charges from delhivery app so I am unable to initiate payment too. I did check shipping by using custom shipping rates and its working but it will an additional step to create order offline at the shipping website account. Please help how to solve this problem without publishing the website. Thanks. 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @scentfolio,

Thank you for getting in touch. To confirm, is this the app you are using? Are these live calculated shipping rates you're wanting to offer via the app?

scentfolio
Tourist
14 0 1
Yes. This is the app. Customers will get live rates of shipping when they
insert their address during checkout. Currently, I have created a shipping
profile but I will have to add these orders manually into the Delhivery
app/website.
Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @scentfolio,

Okay, I see. My recommendation would be to contact the developers of the Delhivery app directly as it is built and supported by a third-party. They can offer further support on why the live rates are not displaying as they should. You can reach them at integrations@delhivery.com.

scentfolio
Tourist
14 0 1
Thank you. I will reach out to the integration team.
Mirdas
Shopify Partner
399 41 69
Hi @scentfolio, ideally, when an order is placed, it will be imported to your Delhivery account, and you will be able to process the shipments from there. Please wait for a few minutes and check if the order has been imported. If not, you may need to contact their support team.
Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
scentfolio
Tourist
14 0 1

Thanks Victor. But can I check this function un draft stage? My website is not published yet so I am unable to check the complete process of product cart to pay to shipping. My hunch is that I may have to publish it but password protected and check the shipping stage. 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @scentfolio,

Having the password page enabled effectively disables the checkout, so you cannot test the checkout properly while the password page is enabled. I'd recommend disabling it for a few minutes and testing before re-enabling it again. If you are not actively driving traffic to the site it's highly unlikely that a customer accesses your site and makes a purchase during this period.

scentfolio
Tourist
14 0 1
Thanks a lot. This makes sense to me. I will check it.
Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @scentfolio,

No problem! Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

NashAlFannia
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello Victor, 

I am looking to ship products from India to UAE. Which would be the best service provider who could assist in end to end product delivery ? 

Thanks in advance. 

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
399 41 69

Hello @NashAlFannia ,

I would suggest UPS, FedEx, and DHL for international shipments from India.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @NashAlFannia,

I can't tell you the best service to use for this specific route but, as mentioned by @Mirdas, popular courier services such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL are worth considering. I would suggest also checking out shipping apps such as Shiprocket and Indian Logistics Services as these services offer shipping options from a wide variety of couriers available in the region. You can use these apps to compare prices from different couriers and make the shipping process easier and faster on your end.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any other questions.

scentfolio
Tourist
14 0 1
hello,

I think you have incorrectly marked Scentfolio in this conversation. Please
remove my name (scentfolio) from this. Its adding to the confusion.

Thanks,
Kirab
Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @scentfolio,

If you no longer wish to receive any notifications when posts are made in this thread, please first head to the top of the page and click on these three dots:

16-21-77162-86970

Once you've done so, you should see an option that says "Unsubscribe". Please select this option and then you will no longer receive updates when a post is made.

kiidskingdom
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Victor,

Can you add DTDC courier to your list? they are famous with best support too

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @kiidskingdom,

Thank you for getting in touch and for letting us know that you'd like to see this courier integrated with Shopify. I will pass your suggestion onto our development team.