Regional Support: Shipping (UK)

Solved
Outer_net_
2 0 1

Just like the dimensional shipping debacle there is a problem and a solution.

The solution is - THERES AN APP FOR THAT 

source

The problem many smaller merchants cant afford the app add ons to make up for the shortcomings of an ecom platform such as this one that should come with this basic functionality.

If you are selling shoes or bags or sunglasses its all groovy you can just use default package size but what if we wanto send larger or smaller parcels then we can only over or under charge customers. 

People within the shopify community have been asking for feature additions like this for over a decade and people like Victor and others before Victor have been taking the feedback and putting it all somewhere and nothing has happened / nothing has changed! Only a lot more apps have come onto the scene.

With anything theres always a hidden cost and if you sell large volumes of single size items it is fine but for those of us that ship items of varying size to different regions what options do we have?

Shopify should be required by UK law in there EULA to make provisions for different territories - but the counter issue for doing this is happier merchants that will have greater number of options but less app revenue and there for less happy shareholders/founders. 

0 Likes
Outer_net_
2 0 1

When a country like the UK that has very high taxation and a strong online retail market then that is all it probably takes to justify limitIng [or not implementing] the functionality to then force people to pay for apps that put more £ back into the ecom platform. It is business and a very underhand way to do business.

SidharthKumar
3 0 0
Please Sir Return My Payment
0 Likes
Amels
Excursionist
35 1 8

Hi @Victor ,

I wondered if you could help me, I have bee searching for a while now and I can't find an answer.

I have 1 shipping profile and different weights in each of them as the price depends on the weight of the order. 

All my products have weights assigned to them for this reason. 

To give a basic example of my rates

0-100g is £1.30

101g-200g is £2.00

201g+ is £2.95

When I add an item to my basket that is over 201g it only gives the 0-100g price (£1.30) not the price for items weighing above 201g.

Please see screenshots:

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 21.23.52.pngScreenshot 2020-12-01 at 21.24.32.pngScreenshot 2020-12-01 at 21.23.20.png

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thank you

0 Likes
Daviddbx
8 0 0
Check its not in kg instead of grammes. My settings seem to switch between the two randomly.
0 Likes
Amels
Excursionist
35 1 8

@Daviddbx thanks just taken a look and It's in grams, I'm so confused as to why this doesn't work currently losing money

0 Likes
St3v3
Excursionist
26 0 15

There's alot of people in this thread that are losing money, but Shopify just doesn't care and will not resolve it.

Good luck fixing your issues.

@Amels wrote:

@Daviddbx thanks just taken a look and It's in grams, I'm so confused as to why this doesn't work currently losing money

0 Likes
Amels
Excursionist
35 1 8

@St3v3 I know been through tonnes of threads on other issues and still not resolved! but thank you hopefully it can get resolved!

0 Likes
Lagruga
Excursionist
17 0 13

On top of this issue, I have just noticed that tracking for Parcel Force isn't available (here goes another new topic!), there seems to be no native integration.

I mean, most, if not all main carriers should be available by now.

Shopify provides a service to the UK and Parcel Force not available?! Joke!

Cc: @Victor

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
784 68 194

Hi @Amels,

Thank you for reaching out and for providing those screenshots. This does seem like a strange issue, and I'd like to take a closer look at things to see if I can determine what is happening here. I'm going to send an email to you shortly so I can authenticate you on the store and try and replicate the issue whilst checking your shipping settings firsthand. Please look out for that and get back to me there.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes