Regional Support: Shipping (UK)

Solved
lolly2020
Excursionist
30 0 27

@Victor 

Still waiting to hear back from you. This needs to be prioritised !!!

We will keep bumping until this is prioritised

EZB
Excursionist
14 0 16

Is there a petition feature on SHopify forums to request the UK be split out into regions for shipping and tax purposes ? I'm sure there are a few thousand customer who would benefit. 

lolly2020
Excursionist
30 0 27

I have started a new request/question - link below, since this is coming up as solved

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/United-Kingdom-split-out-Zones-Norther...

Lagruga
Excursionist
19 0 14

@Victor what's the best and quickest way in your honest opinion for Shopify to hear our concerns/requests? No disrespect to you (or any colleague of yours who has tried) but your team seems to not be paying much attention to you which directly affects us (the paying customers). This topic has been going for years and NOTHING has been done about it. I am sure all of us appreciate you trying but I think it needs to go beyond that now.

I think a lot of people in here have had enough and it seems that posting information in the forum may not be the most effective way to get our point across. Specially when moderators mark topics as SOLVED, you're throwing salt in the wound.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
937 82 224

Hi folks,

The issue with the inability to split the UK shipping zone is one I know many of you are frustrated with, and I'm aware that this is something that has been requested for some years now. Whilst I have continued to submit feedback as I do with other requests and frustrations we come across, I have also reached out to other individuals at Shopify to further try and raise awareness of this issue. As a member of the support team my influence is of course limited, but I have advocated for this one issue in particular as I know for British merchants this issue is problematic.

I know it feels like nothing is happening, and that your requests are being ignored, but I can tell you that our development team are aware of the problem and I personally hope we will see a change before long. I will continue to advocate for this issue and as soon as I have more information to share, I will do so here.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Peng15
2 0 3

I would like to add my request to the list for UK to be separated out with Northern Ireland. Its vital to my business as its illegal at the moment for me to ship to Northern Ireland without tests that cost 20 times the product. 

What is best current work around and please can I have an idea of how long before this will be available

lolly2020
Excursionist
30 0 27

Any Update shopify !!

0 Likes
EZB
Excursionist
14 0 16

What a joke! 

12 pages of replies and Shopify has its head in the sand. 

BlakeAndTate
2 0 0

Please add my name to the list. This is costing many businesses money, effort and resources having to find workarounds to what feels like a routine change that should have happened a long time ago. Unfortunately the only way these things get prioritised is through complaints or people leaving the platform.

On another note, I'm currently using Parcel2Go app to ship my goods. Can anyone recommend whether I should try using a Courier app or something else? It works quite well, and I like having different options of numerous couriers to choose from (especially when somebody buy from Highlands, NI etc), but the customer service is dreadful. e.g. If Parcel is delivered to a neighbour it takes them 7-14 days to let me know which neighbour which isn't ideal to tell me customer! 

Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. 

0 Likes
UnSealed
4 0 0

Hi Victor,

I am very new to Shopify and in need of some help/advice please..... My online shop has physical products (Eco products) that can be shipped UK only as well as loose food and liquid refill products (Refills) that are only available for local delivery and in store Click and Collect. 

I have set up 3 Shipping categories, Eco Home small (for items that can be posted by Royal Mail large letter service), Eco Homeware (for items too large or heavy for Large letter service) and Refills ( for items that are not to be shipped) and have put the relevant products into those categories.

If a customer only chooses items that are Refills check out works fine.. however... if the customer has chosen Refills as well as Eco products the local delivery and collect in store options are not available, only normal shipping.... Also if products in the Eco Home small shipping category and the Eco Homeware category are chosen the postage is being added together from the 2 shipping categories. I thought it would default to the larger cost not add both costs together....

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated - thanks Kayleigh 

0 Likes