Regional Support: Shipping (UK)

Solved
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
765 66 190

Hi @Lagruga,

Parcelforce is not yet an integrated shipping courier, although I know it is widely used in the UK. I'll be sure to log your feedback on this with our development team. In the meantime, you can choose "Other" as the shipping carrier when fulfilling orders with Parcelforce and can manually add the tracking number and URL to be sent to your customers.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hcnewhouse
1 0 0

Hey Shopify,

We love your platform, so much so we run 2 stores on it.  Our main niggle is, as other users have indicated, the ability to have different shipping rates across the UK. Most couriers charge surcharge for shipping to Islands, Highlands and to Northern Ireland.  In order to maintain competitive generally we make a loss on orders shipped to these destinations.  Sometimes the shipping surcharges ate over 100% more than the standard UK shipping rates, depending on the courier.  

This may become more important to UK store owners after the Brexit transition period finishes because there's of the rules about movement of goods over the Irish sea.  

Any assistance on this issue would make your platform amazing!!!

Thanks

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
765 66 190

Hi @hcnewhouse,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the platform, but I recognize that this issue is problematic and can be costly in the scenarios you've referenced. As you may have seen, this is a heavily requested feature from British merchants and has been mentioned numerous times in this thread, and I have continuously logged the feedback shared here with our development team (and I will do the same with yours). This is something I have advocated for internally and will continue to do so moving forward. I will be sure to post any updates in this thread if and when they come.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
George_Greenhil
Explorer
58 0 23

Hi @Victor, I honestly can't believe this issue of UK shipping has still not been sorted out 5+ years on. It's almost 2021, come on, sort it out Shopify. 

bennaylor1
Tourist
5 0 3

it is not currently possible to split the United Kingdom zone into different countries/ regions (e.g. England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, and the Channel Islands). 

Why??

You are able to do this for the Philippines, India, UAE, Indonesia, Japan, China, USA, Malaysia, Russia, South Korea, Thailand, Italy, Ireland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Eygpt, Nigeria, South Africa, Guatemala, Panama, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, HONG KONG, it's a city ???

As we can see from the list above you know how to do this, it would be really good if someone could explain why this has not been done for the UK, it's your 8th biggest mark and the only way it can be taken is you don't really care about your UK customers or does someone at Shopify have a UK shipping app?? 

If you could explain it would be really helpful, as you feel its need for a city of 7.5 million people but not a country of 66.65 million people, whoever is deciding the priorities of your tech team may need to be replaced. 

lolly2020
Excursionist
29 0 27

@Victor 

It's very important now to be able to split UK into zones, with the brexit Northern Ireland can taxed like EU, unlike the rest of UK. We are an Irish business and we need to have separate tax and shipping for Northern Ireland compared to the UK . This is a must now, and this needs to be escalated ASAP.

St3v3
Excursionist
25 0 14

I still dont understand why this has not already been actioned. It is in place in other countries yet the UK still doesnt get this option.

It is getting beyond a joke now and clearly @Victor whatever you are doing to 'escalate' this is not working and something else needs to be done to finally get this resolved.

SidharthKumar
3 0 0
Your company is froad cheater ,lier,fake
0 Likes
George_Greenhil
Explorer
58 0 23

@Victor With Brexit now completed, the ability to separate Nothern Ireland from the rest of the UK is now a feature that needs to be added quickly. Otherwise, Shopify merchants will not be able to easily comply with new regulations from the Brexit deal. 

lolly2020
Excursionist
29 0 27

@Victor 

Still waiting to hear back from you. This needs to be prioritised !!!

0 Likes